2.2.4 and SmartThings Arrival Sensor V4

It kind of freaked me out when my garage doors kept going up and down.

Using Xbee3 presence DH with my 3 SmartThings arrival sensors and 5 Xbee3.
I never saw any issues after the update on my C5 hub.

Can anyone confirm that 2.2.4.143 has fixed this?

Fixed what exactly? State flipping or battery reporting?

For many of us in this thread, battery reporting remained accurate; setting the presence timeout and saving preferences was sufficient to prevent the sensor from constantly flipping its state. For a few others, state flipping stopped, but battery reporting remained inaccurate.

FWIW, my sensors have continued to work correctly (with battery reporting also accurate) on 2.2.4.143.

I noticed since reverting back to 2.2.3 that current status of battery is not updated by bv under state variables. BV confirmed by logs. So, current status has been 50 for a day or so despite battery status as reported by the logs say 20.

Since things were snappy today, I'll probably try updating to the new version.

couldn't agree more, have never understood why the battery life is so crappy for these!

agreed, have broken one (the little gold-plated, larger tab over the battery edge) was gonna re-solder, never bothered, still have it.

PRO TIP: keep spares on hand!

Had ST hub. Used the fob BEEP function to find keys often. BEEP stopped working spontaneously. Assumed fob flaked out, ordered two more. New fob had same problem. Gave up.

Finally acquired C7 hub. BEEP function works again! (F#$%$^%&*ING Samsung!). Yet ANOTHER example of their hub OS updates breaking things that already worked. Happened every 1-3 months! ENOUGH, hello Hubitat!

Still could've returned the two new presence fobs. Kept them, boxed. Will need them. First fob purchased/used... larger gold-plated battery clip finger broke off. which is HORSESH*T, since you have to flex that battery clip as frequently as once a month to replace the battery!

2 Likes

Agreed battery life is weak and they are flimsy. I do however really like these, and imo they work really well.

3 Likes

me too, but mostly because for this item, I can't find any other choice/brand.

1 Like

love this idea, for a situation where you have the space (not a pocket); good-on-yer!

I put in some outlets upstairs and am getting great range, all the way out to the gate. I'll have to remember to measure the straight line distance tomorrow. The sensor is wedged in at the base of the windshield.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.