2.2.3 ZWave Firware update got to 79% and has been stuck there for an hour

Direct connect is good, and not fishy. :slight_smile: Others have reported improvements like this in their mesh over time after the Z-Wave firmware update.

I would say your "problem of too many direct connects" is one that everyone would like to have. :wink:

well, i get that. it's just shocking that that they have that type of distance. why do you think some have a connection speed at 40kbps and 9.6kbps? how does that impact performance?

Connection speeds vary, and often in odd ways, so I rely on how things are actually working more than I rely on what connection speeds are showing in the Details page. I have had devices connected at 9.6 for months and months that worked w/out issue.

Really the Z-Wave Details page is something you refer to when you notice a problem w/the actual behavior of your devices/mesh and want to troubleshoot, as opposed to a page you visit "unpromted" and then decide you need to troubleshoot based on what you find there. :slight_smile:

More succintly, if it ain't broke (or slow or flaky) don't try to fix it.

Also, you should wait several days before worrying much about what's showing on that page, as Z-Wave mesh changes after the firmware update are likely to develop over time.