2.2.3 Update - Unresponsive C5 Hub

Has anyone experiencing an unresponsive C5 hub after update to 2.2.3 tried the latest hot fix 2.2.3.119?

In the release notes it doesn’t sound like anything pertaining to this is addressed. The only fix is for an issue with soft reset.

Hot Fix Release 2.2.3.119 Available -- All C-7 Users Should Update

That said, for those that updated and tried to fix issues with a soft reset (which apparently wasn’t working properly), this may be worth pursuing.

1 Like

I've upgraded my C5 to 2.2.3.119 and have not experienced any issues. BTW I'm 100% Zigbee

I had an unresponsive Hub when I upgraded my C5 to 2.2.3.

However, I saw somewhere that the reason was because I had Zwave Radio disabled on that hub.

So, I enabled the radio, did the upgrade, saw everything was OK, and then I disabled the radio again.

So I've posted this on other threads but this is probably the appropriate one... apologies on the redundant posts.

My "control" hub that I mentioned earlier in this thread that was working has stopped responding all of a sudden. I was able to get to the Diag site and rollback to an earlier firmware version. Things are working fine now.

Interestingly as I mentioned in the other threads I also updated a clients C5 hub at the same time. The difference between the 2 hubs is that my "control" hub has the Zigbee/Z-Wave radios turned off and have the Lutron and Alexa apps installed.

1 Like

For what it's worth, the Zigbee radios never really do turn off regardless of the enabled/ disabled setting. Zigbee functionality does become disabled however. This was news to me:

1 Like

Neither my Zigbee nor my Z-Wave radios are turned off. I do not have the Lutron app installed, but I do have the Alexa app and the Hue app.

1 Like

Just to give an update. On my C4 hub, I too had a major slow down when I upgraded to 2.2.3.119. I reverted back to 2.2.2 and things are back to normal.

Mine was running fine for a while and then the UI just went offline. I was thinking the disabled radios but @jabecker was having the issue with them enabled. It couldn't possibly be the Alexa app could it? Seems very unlikely..

Other updated C5 hub still working as of this evening and my 2 C4's are working as well.

@erktrek That's pretty much what mine did also: it worked fine for a few minutes, then the UI went offline and nothing triggered. And the hub was, apparently, pretty dead as the log is blank as well. I used the diagnostic tool, which could access the hub, to roll back to 2.2.2.129, and then all was well. The log picks back up when the hub rebooted.

Alexa seems unlikely. Several of us are in Oregon, but that seem coincidental as well. I'm not eager to try it again any time soon.

Well no worries - I'm in NJ so not a geographic issue other than being in NJ of course.. :rofl:

(kidding - I actually like NJ except for the taxes)

I'm in mi. Its a zwave issue. Something hoses the radio. You get hub busy errors in the hub log and the hub is slow to.respond or totaly unresponsive.

Time for me to roll back.... nothing else will work.

I hope that Hubitat Support is aware of this issue.

I don't understand how many hubs could be working very well, and some (like one of mine) are just "dead in the water" with this update.

Yup. Hopefully they are making good progress on the fixes.

I would guess the fact that it has been pretty quiet in here from Bryan and Mike means they are hard at work improving things. :+1:

3 Likes

This is more than "driver fixes"!
There must be something else... when I can't even get into the UI.

Corrected. "Driver" was a typo/autocorrect.

C-5 with 2.2.1.116
Was having regular slowdown. Rebooted hub everyday.
I updated to 2.2.3.119 2 days ago and completely disabled rebooter app. I keep my usual dashboard open 24/7
So far, so good, hub has no slowdown and tiles/apps are displaying faster than before

Yes, the engineers (myself included) are working on it.
There is a handful of improvements still being tested internally. If I had to guess, the one most likely to affect your hub is improved event history management. We saw folks who updated to to 2.2.3 reporting much better response times after nightly cleanup job has run. So why not do a cleanup when hub starts and avoid sluggish response until overnight job? Hindsight 20/20...
Hopefully this fix will deal with the slow hub issue. We'll keep chipping away at the problem until it's no more.

7 Likes

I tried that zwave repair failed every device

Very odd.
I've had no issue with the zwave repair (other than some "busy" messages in the log).