$15 Hard Wired Amazon Zigbee Controller

I'm not even sure who makes this, but I decided to try it and it works very well. Just thought I'd pass that along. Inexpensive hard-wired controller. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCFT73T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I have two of those, and work great on Hubitat and also on ST in local mode. You can get them even cheaper on eBay, I bought mine for $8 or $9 each, but now with the Sonoff Zigbee, i would rather buy the second.

You probably already know this, but for those who don't, the linked device (as well as its Sonoff equivalent, the BASICZBR3) are not certified by any North American standards organization. In other words, no UL, ETL, or CSA certification.

As for the certifications they have:

• CE is a self-administered certification process created to ease entry into EU markets ("we evaluated our own device, using your guidelines, and we are in compliance").
  • FCC certification is to ensure the device complies with RF standards (mainly that it uses the designated frequencies and its transmit power is below a defined limit).

As for how it behaves if the device's output is subjected to a dead-short, or its inputs to under/over-voltage, or sustained high temperatures, or other failure scenarios, that's not checked by an independent body (like UL, ETL, CSA).

2 Likes

What driver do you use for these? I have one and I can't get it to work for the life of me.

I have two that work with either the NUE driver or the Generic Zigbee switch driver

Not working for me. They must have a different revision.

They're not the WiFi version are they?? Both of mine paired easily. By default they used the NUE driver but I switched them to the generic.

Updating to 2.2.0.128 solved my issues. It defaulted to Zigbee OnOff Switch upon removing and pairing again.

I use the generic ZGbee switch driver integrated in the Hubitat firmware.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.