ZXT600 with Cooper and Hunter mini-splits

Has anyone successfully controled a Cooper and Hunter mini-split (Sophia model) using a Remotecx ZXT600.
The ZXT600 code list gives 429 as the correct IR code from their built in library for Cooper and Hunter but my AC unit does not respond.
I have read previous posts about using the user driver named Remotec ZXT-600 to set the Preferences in the ZXT600 device and to use the built in driver named Remotec Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender Extender ZXT600 to control the ZXT600 but my AC does not respond.
It looks like the Preferences are getting loaded (long green LED on ZXT600 device) and the control commands are being sent (quick green LED on ZXT600 device) but the AC unit does not respond.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

It's tedious but if the code is wrong, you can use your oem remote to program the zxt-600

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid ZXT600 learning from the physical remote control. I will eventually give that a try though.

You could try reaching out to Remotec as well, they were quite helpful when i was setting mine up. Also, I think the built in driver now works for programming, the HE guys updated this a while back. I had some convo going with them about it, but I haven't confirmed it. You will know if it is taking the programming with the lights as you said above.

Thanks Chad, I have a ticket opened with Remotec.

These AC Split systems are currently controled by Nethome Plus and I have seen a couple of other posts asking if anyone has integrated HE with Nethome Plus but there were no responses. I pose the question again if anyone has HE controling Nethome Plus.

I tried the Midea AC local controller driver from tomw with Msmarthome but midea-discover does not work on my windows 11 computers as I get no devices found or most often an exception like this excerpt below. I have tried midea-discover with my own account and also with a specific device IP addres with the same results.

I have using TomW's app, and it works OK. From memory, I was having similar issues to yours. Find my post in his integration app for how I got around things. I am sure it isn't exactly 100% tested the way I did it, but somehow the steps I took worked.

After some prodding to RemoteC support they eventually replied and gave me code 40 from their IR code library and that is working perfectly with my Cooper and Hunter mini-splits.

I am using the Remotec Z-Wave-to-AC IR Extender ZXT600 device drive which also has all the device commands that I need.

I loaded library code 40 using the Built In IR Code command and supplemented one IR code 29 with a learned command from my actual remote using the Start Learning command. The learning appeard to work correctly as indicated by the ZXT600 Green light flashing twice,

All is good

2 Likes