Zwave pendingSwitch

I have a few Aeotec Smart Switch 6 (built in system driver).

They often will have pendingSwitch: on and remain like that for hours/days. Refresh, Config does nothing. Different switches at different times. Edit: and the switch is OFF.

A Zwave repair does work, but I cant be doing that every day. C-5 hub. Is this related to the C-7 zwave issue?

So had to give you some community response love! :wink:

@mike.maxwell

None of my Aetotec Smart Switch 6's are working with C-5. They all say pending switch. I've tried re-pairing and it makes it worse. They seem to be able to turn on/off until I make a change in any preferences, then nothing works. They all do as below. I'm on latest 2.2.3.

Edit: I rolled back to 2.2.2 and it took some time, but everything works. Something is borked in 2.2.3 for these Smartswitches.

So it sounds like we do not have the same issue but I'm glad the rollback is working.

Sorry could not have been more helpful.

Maybe, maybe not. All the problems started with 2.2.3, ended with 2.2.2 and re-commenced when I rolled forward to 2.2.3 again.

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell

I rolled "forward" to 2.2.3 again, and now they dont work. Nothing works. I know you're busy with 2.2.4, but these are supposed to supported, in-built drivers. Can you please examine?

We'll have a look when we have a chance.

4 Likes

I have an issue with Aeotec Smart Switch 6, as well, but it's slightly different. I'm not seeing the "pendingSwitch" issue, any changes I make seem to be immediately synced to the device.

I have a HE hub Rev C-7 running 2.2.3.148. My Aeotec Smart Switch 6s were updated to firmware ZW096_Smart_Switch_6_US_V1_07 prior to being associated to the HE hub. I am using the built-in driver "Aeotec Smart Switch 6".

My intention is to monitor the "power" reported by this device, and take actions when the "power" value crosses certain values. It appears that whlie the device honors the configured "Power Reporting Thresholds" value (good), it ignores the configured "Power Reporting Value Threshold" value (bad).

Specifically:

If "Power Reporting Thresholds" is Disabled, I get a full update (power, energy, energyDuration, voltage, etc) based on the interval defined in "Power Reporting Interval". I am able to change the "Power Reporting Interval" and the device does indeed change how often the full suite of power reports is provided. This behavior is as expected.

Howver, if I set "Power Reporting Thresholds" to Enabled I start to have trouble. I can set "Power Reporting Value Threshold" to any value (including 3000W, a value I can't actually reach on 120V/15A) but I will continue to get a once-a-second updates of "power" any time its' is above 25W (the default value). I get a final update of "power" once it drops below 25W. I start getting once-a-second update of "power" once it goes back above 25W.

So, my two questions:

• What can be done to make "Power Reporting Value Threshold" work properly?, and
  • Is there any possibility of configuring "Power Reporting Value Threshold" to Is there any ability to configure a value not in the list? I see 1W, 10W, 25W, 50W, 100W, etc. but would like to configure 5W. Could this be done with a custom device driver, or possibly by connecting directly to the device with a Z-stick?

Thanks on all counts,
-jd

1 Like

How you going with this?

Ok, while I can't seem to successfully change the "Power Reporting Value Threshold", I now also think it wasn't want I want anyway. I read the documentation a little more closely, and it sounds like this parameter is not a "threshold" where you get alerted when going above/below". Instead it sounds like it is supposed to generate a power update any time the value changes $x amount (ie, 1W, 10W, 25W, etc).

I guess this would be okay, if it didn't spam Z-wave once a second any time it's above 25W and the power reporting feature is enabled.

-jd

Mike, I see a lot of errors with Aeotec stuff in the forums. Might it all be related.

This is really annoying, all these sockets not working. No change with latest platform. Just pendingSwitch:on

@mike.maxwell

Mike, still nothing works. I've been reporting this for 3 weeks now, built in driver. Latest platform.

the value of pendingSwitch is used internally to determine if the event was physical or digital, it serves no other purpose and from the users perspective should be ignored.
Now checking other issues that were noted...

I'm getting no where with this one.
I do not have a US version of this device, only an EU version.
And this I've included on a C5 and a C7 running platform 2.2.4.145 and in both cases the device is reporting and running all the configuration commands as it should.
From the logs you posted I see the configuration commands being sent out, but I do not see the response from the device.
This would appear to be a mesh issue, have you tried a repair, and what other zwave devices do you have, and are they working correctly?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for looking into this. I have this many z-wave devices.

None of the other Power Sockets have any issues. They are all the same batch, bought at the same time. The two in question are in the same room, which happens to be the same room of the HE. These two power sockets are about 6 feet from the HE. I have no other issues with my z-wave network; it works smoothly. I've tried many repairs, reboots, power downs. I run two hubs, but only 1 zwave network. I've got a c-4 and c-5. I think I run the c-4 zwave dongle on the c-5 hub. I tried running a second z-wave network on the other hub, however, the same issues arose. At this point, there was only 1 device on the second z-wave network.

These two power sockets worked well until an 2.2.3 update, and then stopped. As you know, I rolled back to 2.2.2 (? - previous platform, not just hot-release) and they started working again, but as soon as I roll forward, they stop.

@mike.maxwell

Still not working. None of the other Power Sockets have any issues. They are all the same batch, bought at the same time. The two in question are in the same room, which happens to be the same room of the HE. These two power sockets are about 6 feet from the HE. I have no other issues with my z-wave network; it works smoothly. I've tried many repairs, reboots, power downs. I run two hubs, but only 1 zwave network. I've got a c-4 and c-5. I think I run the c-4 zwave dongle on the c-5 hub. I tried running a second z-wave network on the other hub, however, the same issues arose. At this point, there was only 1 device on the second z-wave network.

These two power sockets worked well until an 2.2.3 update, and then stopped. As you know, I rolled back to 2.2.2 (? - previous platform, not just hot-release) and they started working again, but as soon as I roll forward, they stop.

@mike.maxwell

Still no love on this? I notice pendingSwitch is popping up in more areas.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.