Zwave not working after firmware update

After updating my C7 to 2.2.5.131 the other day I cant get any zwave devices to respond. I have tried reverting firmware version and database along with powering off the device for 10 minutes and zwave repair. Nothing seems to regain connection to any zwave device a mix of GE wall switches and smart plugs, everspring contact sensors, radio thermostat ct50s, and Aeotec HEM sensors. When running the zwave repair all zwave devices fail. Any advise it seems like the firmware update broke the zwave radio

Have you done a power down of your hub after a shutdown? (Unplug USB A end, not at the Hub)

Having the exact same problem. Shortly after my update to 131 all my zwave devices just decided to not work.

Repairing Z Wave shows failures on all devices
Reverting to 2.2.4.158 didn't help
Restore from previous backup did nothing
Soft reset and restore did nothing

When I tryt o set devices in the web UI, nothing appears in the general loggs but this appears in the ZWave logs:

Help!

do soft reset.

Left it unpowered overnight and then did the soft reset this morning its doing the same as kepesk when I try to control something zwave

[Kitchen Light]2021-02-14 09:54:53.405 seqNo: 43, routeChanged: false, transmissionTime: 63ms, repeaters: None, speed: Unknown, rssi: [0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm], Ack channel: 0, Transmit channel: 0

[Kitchen Light]2021-02-14 09:54:37.497 seqNo: 43, routeChanged: false, transmissionTime: 59ms, repeaters: None, speed: Unknown

So I woke up this morning and everything was spontaneously working again. I haven't done anything since I posted that picture. Weird...

1 Like

Yah I've tried letting it sit to see if it would fix routing so far only a single zwave device seems to communicate and even that is about 1 out of 10 attempts it logs like they sent but don't do anything most of the time.

Good news and bad news for anyone else this may happen to evidently the firmware corrupted something in the zwave side doing a zwave reset cleared all the devices but adding them back they are all working so far

Oh dang. Doing that will really suck.

Did you stumble on this or were you working with support?

@bcopeland @gopher.ny
I wonder if they can figure out what happened and fix it in a less time-intense way? Also, wonder if there's something they need to fix so you don't end up with the same issue again?

1 Like

I tried removing and excluding a close switch to the hub which it removed on device screen but wouldn't from zwave and remove in there and exclude wouldn't respond. I then plugged in my old ST hub and excluded and paired the switch no problem to that hub. After a reboot on the hubitat the removed switch actually readded itself so I went for broke and did the zwave reset and so far adding everything back is going smoothly and everything is communicating on the hub quickly.

Before doing the atomic blast, it would have been better to first try to reboot (not reset) the Z-Wave radio (clean shutdown to red light, power down at wall, not at micro USB, which is fragile and can bread solder joints to PC board, after 30 seconds no power, reapply power & allow to reboot).

I had it powered down overnight and half dozen other times trying to recover it and between soft reset attempts

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.