Zwave intermittent pause

You mentioned splitting the house into sections, was that for a reason related to radio performance and avoiding hops in the network or just a way that felt organized?

I’m wondering whether there would any downside to having both hubs in the same physical spot (I don’t have an Ethernet jack anywhere else that would work well) and then alternating switches so that there is still plenty of density on each network?

I add a device to a hub, then a year later, when I haven't thought about it for that long, I would like to go to the correct hub, first time. By splitting the devices in a logical manner, I know instantly which hub.

When I started migrating devices to that Hub I think of as "Front", I did so because it just happens there's a zone across the width of the house where there's no outlets or switches. It's not a large gap, but my brain is able to imagine it and on that side of the line are 30+ devices. Again, it means I can go straight to the correct hub, first time.

I attempt to keep Devices and their Rules on the same hub. Which means if I need to tweak a rule, or look at a log, I don't want to go on a treasure hunt. :slight_smile:

I wouldn't have a stack of hubs sitting on top of each other, but one on each end of a shelf would probably work.

2 Likes

The ghost removal via the USB stick and the Silicon Labs software was successful and everything stablized pretty quickly. Now I am just trying to decide if I really want to open the can of worms of removing 30+ S0 devices and re-including them through that lovely intuitive interface the SL folks made :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking over your table above, most appear to be sleepy devices that don’t report in too often. Given that, if you’re not experiencing issues, I’d be very tempted to leave them alone until the next time you need to either replace them or upgrade their firmware.

2 Likes

You're less OCD than me lol.... I'd change that out to NONE myself... I don't like overhead. Also anything to speed things up... At least change out any mains powered devices to s0 since they route...

With age comes....well, maybe not wisdom, but sometimes tolerance :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lol... I'm old too...Admittedly I do get lazy sometimes. At least until it comes back and bites me on the arse. :rofl:

2 Likes