Zwave get updated 7.17.1

Now you just need a computer with a substantially reinforced USB port to plug it into.

Not sure what torque rating you would need on the port, but I bet it is big.

Nah I just plug it into a USB hub and let it stand on the desk.

3 Likes

In the absolutely best possible way.

Masterful...I salute you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was able to update my Silicon Labs UZB-7 (SLUSB7000A) using the link you posted for the file ZW_SerialAPI_Controller_7_17_1_344_EFR32ZG14_REGION_US.gbl using the OTW method on PC Controller in SimplicityStudio 5 running on Bootcamp on an Intel iMac. I didn’t find any OTW instructions in the Ghost Removal doc, but I muddled through and got it done, and the UZB-7 still works.

Thanks.

1 Like

OTW UZB stick update info is on page 11 in the doc...near the end, maybe you drifted off while reading? Not the most exciting content... :wink:

2 Likes

Um, well, perhaps you didn’t update the copy in your Dropbox. Just before doing the firmware update, I fetched a new copy of your seminal document from your link:

Checked again moments ago, it’s still not there on page 11.

Now, I am known to drift off in my senior moments, but I don’t believe it happened here.

1 Like

I just checked w/my wife, and she confirmed that yes, I am always wrong. So let's go w/that as our base assumption. :wink:

I just uploaded an updated version recently, so something is going on w/where I uploaded it to on my Dropbox...back in a few.

9 Likes

Figured it out.

This is the current doc:

The doc my link is pointing at:

EEK!!!

Clearly this is the fault of my co-author (@erktrek). I'm not sure exactly how or why it's his fault, but I'll think of something. :wink:

I'll update the original doc that the link points to (Hubitat UZB Stick How-To) shortly.

Thanks, Southmain, for catching this!

3 Likes

Yeah, my dad often did the same thing on our firm’s server prior to his retirement, when he would save his work on the multi-terabytes of storage and then forget where he had saved it. Fortunately, frequent snapshots of his computer (and the server) plus backup software that itemized recently-changed files and allowed retrieval of documents, permitted me to find the missing documents.

1 Like

Well typically I live for chaos.. so there is that.

5 Likes

He has been focused on that pony.

4 Likes

That is true as well..

4 Likes

Spit take w/my coffee, literally. Best post of the month. :smiley: :smiley:

Updated!

Wait - did you just compare me to your father!? I'm honored, and will of course expect that you'll be coming over to help w/the yard work, clean out my garage, and make make me a meal or two... :wink:

3 Likes

@672southmain and/or @erktrek - can you give the download link a quick check to make sure you're getting the updated doc? Should have 12 pages and be shows as 1334 KB on my Windows system.

1 Like

Looks like it is there! No ponies though.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s correct now. My Dad would be proud of you.

Well, I will be in California for a week beginning this coming Saturday to take depositions in a case, but I will be too busy to come by and do chores. Sorry.

2 Likes

Oh, the updated document is much more exciting. The plot twists are riveting.

4 Likes

4 Likes

@erktrek @672southmain

Screwed it up again!! Please download again and check the last couple of pages of the guide - I didn't upload the most recent doc and want to make sure the actual current version is on Dropbox.

2 Likes

:rofl: :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes