Zwave device not responding

You think the hub is ever going to offer the option of using None to include these devices? Kind of a problem when most zwave sensors on the market only does S0.

As for motion sensors, you'd be much happier with the performance of those on Zigbee. I use the old Samsung 2018 models for motion and temp, and the Nyce ceiling motion sensors for Motion, Temp, and Humidity. They are both rock solid for me but make sure you update the Samsung ones to version 14 firmware to take care of the battery eating bug. The Nyce motion sensors are suppose to last about 5 years on the tripple a batteries. The Samsung ones are getting hard to find though. I usually buy any I see pop up on Ebay.

Alright. I'll let the mesh run without the sensors for a while and see how it goes.

1 Like

Some devices that don't support S2 but require at least S0 are typically older entryway devices such as garage doors and locks. Locks, I'd definitely go with zigbee. The batteries will last longer typically assuming you have your door aligned properly. Garage doors just avoid the S0 ones GDZ000-8-GC is a good option. It supports S2.

https://www.gocontrol.com/detail.php?productId=4

Other older devices may try to pair with S0 since it's their highest security class they support and since the C7 forces it on you it's a good investment to get a UZB7 from mouser to get around that limitation.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Silicon-Labs/SLUSB001A?qs=u16ybLDytRbJsMfgk3EnSA%3D%3D

If you run into any problems just shoot me a message and I'll hop on to help.

Thanks. Going to mess around with it some more.

Could you point me to instructions on how to add the Zooz sensor to Hubitat using the UZB stick? I already have the stick and the software, and I have used it with Hubitat, but never to add a device.

Join the stick to Hubitat using learn then network wide inclusion then just click nwi at the top. Before you join the sensor uncheck s0 in the shield icon.

1 Like

The stick was already paired with Hubitat. I used it to remove some ghost devices a few weeks ago. So all I need to do is click the shield icon and uncheck S0 then click NWI and put the device in pairing mode?

Yep, it looks way more intimidating than it really is.

1 Like

I must be doing something wrong. I click NWI and then put the device into pairing mode and it never detects it. The device was excluded from Hubitat first and I even tried NWE before attempting to do an inclusion with the PC Controller.

Try safe shutdown on hub and then pull power for a minute. Then power it back up and start nwi from the pc controller software.

1 Like

That didn't seem to help. I think I'll just hold off until Zooz fixes things. Or I'll replace it with something that isn't such a pain in the ■■■.

I'm surrounded with Samsung's 2018 motion sensors right now lol a big order came in today. They've been rock solid for me.

1 Like

On the subject of Z-stick, I'm having trouble adding the Multisensor 6 without security. I performed the same steps as I would with Zooz and Fibaro sensorrs, and the Multisensor6 would show up just fine on the PC controller side. But it's never propagated to the Hubitat. Did the exclude/include multiple times and the result is the same.

I can get it to exclude but when I try to include it I get this...

Capture

Hmm try it with the s0 checked in the shield and then unselect s0 if it pops up while joining.

1 Like

I've managed to add the device and it shows up in the PC Controller but it does not show up in Hubitat. Same issue as @bo-hubitat above.

Did you press the sync button?

1 Like

The update button and a reboot did the trick.

What a pain in the ■■■ that was. Thanks for the help!

1 Like