ZWave control stopped working completely - although Power status works

I have the Qubino DIN Dimmers too, and each one spams out a java.lang.NumberFormatException error frequently. The rest of the functionality seems to be OK.

I think some of the default settings in the device are misleading - like the 8 hour power reporting interval (DEFAULT). That's supposed to be 5 minutes, according to the manual.
I suspect it is one of these settings that is causing the problem.

The status shows this, too, which is suspicious:

State Variables

• energyTime : 1607898465117
  • pendingSwitch : false

I have no temperature probe attached, so I tried disabling the temperature reporting frequency. Now the log shows:

[dev:37] [error] java.lang.NumberFormatException
[debug] MeterReport(meterType: 1, precision: 1, scale: 2, size: 4, meterValue: [], rateType: 1, deltaTime: 0, previousMeterValue: [])

May be related to MeterReport, but it's hard to say.

Looks like you may have a null value for meterValue, is there an option in the driver to set it to a valid value?

This has beeb solved with the current release of Hubitat, which includes a proper driver for the Qubino DIN Dimmer.

1 Like

I had NOTHING but problems with that particular dimmer, my main issue was resolved by disabling the power reporting feature on the dimmers as I added them to the hub to cut down on data transmission. According to a member of Staff at Hubitat, it was due to the security settings on the dimmer being high and it needed to send much more data as a result.

A recent job we did, we used FIbaro Dimmer 2s that worked way better with a user-created driver I found after a quick google search. I also found some din rail mountable cases for them so they can be put into a proper enclosure near the fuse board.