Zwave 800 Series Chips

Probably will still need some extenders when the time comes, but my preliminary plan calls for replacement starting with the furthest out and working my way back in....

1 Like

And then I expect to see quite a few range extenders for sale by users!

1 Like

Pro kits for $400.

Press release here:

Has been available for a while actually (maybe in a more limited availability though). It isn't that interesting, though - really just higher radio power for zwave lr... Which is all nice and fine, except for the fact there are no commercially available zwave lr devices yet.

4 Likes

Does the new Hubitat 8 support LR zwave?

It is capable of LR, but LR has not yet been enabled by the HE team. The C7 is also capable of LR, and will likely follow the C8's enablement whenever the staff get around to it.

2 Likes

As mentioned, it can (and will at some point) support it.

My GUESS is that it is a low priority since there there are very few LR devices out there. No point spending development time adding support for something basically no one can use right now. They are likely working on other development work that more people can use sooner, like Matter.

Once devices that support LR start showing up, I expect that it will be added to the hub fairly soon after.

4 Likes

Been poking around and wondered if the C8 has LR enabled yet -- I note that in the thread it was in the backlog... Is this still true?

Now that Zooz (and others from what I see) has 800 LRs available, should we expect to see this actively supported? Will there be a way to differentiate or force which way a device connects?

I ask mostly as there are a few "fringe" devices in my mesh that give me more problem than others. My thought would be swapping out that switch in the far corner of the garage for a LR switch and see if it is more stable.

Not yet. Hope Hubitat enables it soon.