ZSE43 Compatibility

Not seeing the ZSE43 tilt/shock sensor listed as a compatible item with Hubitat, but Zooz lists it. Searching the community it appears like some have got it to work. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Screenshot 2024-01-26 210932

Excellent idea to check HE's compatibility list, but it's not perfect. Like you, my next stop is always to search the community here for other folks' experience with the device.

I don't have this device, but there is a native Hubitat driver for it. Like all native drivers, it won't expose every available parameter, but you can always use the Basic Z-Wave Tool to manage other parameters.

The biggest thing that irks me is the choice of CR2032 for battery - a bigger battery would've been nice for this kind of device.

Are you looking primarily for a tilt or shock sensor? If just one or the other, folks here may be able to suggest other ideas to consider too.

1 Like

I didn't check the compatibility list but I just bought one these first of January as my old sensor was causing me issues. It is working great.

Didn't do anything special just paired and it works.

1 Like

There is a system driver for it, they probably just forgot to add it to the compatibility list @bobbyD

I also have a custom driver I made upon request, I have not added it to my normal package yet but there is the link where I posted it: Zooz ZSE43 Driver request - #16 by jtp10181

3 Likes

Had not even paid attention to what driver it used, but it is using a HE system ZSE43 driver.

1 Like

The specific application right now I am using tilt, but I think a shock/motion sensor might work better. Looking forward to getting one of these and giving it a try. Overall I am happy with the other Zooz products I am using