Zooz ZSE40 Multisensor - OK now?

Everything has been working perfectly so I thought I would try to add a new feature to my automations. I have not used any light sensing to control lights turning on during the day. We have some skylights and lots of windows but cloudy days reduce ambient light considerably.

I want to start with the kitchen, which has a big skylight but needs illumination on cloudy days. I am a Zooz fan but I have read that there were issues with the Zooz 4-1 sensor in the past.

Is everything good now?

I have no Hue devices and do not want to get into adding another hub-like device.

So, is it OK to go with the Zooz ZSE40 or should I try something else? Thanks!

Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Plus 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 (Motion / Light / Temperature / Humidity) https://a.co/d/ajDscBy

You can go with them Zooz ZSE40 700 series, yes - The issues was with the 500 series on a 700 series hub. You can also pair the Hue Motion Sensor directly to Hubitat (no hub required). The Zooz does have Humidity sensing though if this is something you are looking for.

1 Like

And no Hue app required, correct?

"* Install in a minute. Simply follow the instructions in the Philips Hue app. Our smart lights default settings get you going, or personalize these settings to fit your needs"

1 Like

Correct :+1:

2 Likes

What @hydro311 said. :slight_smile:

In Hubitat, you add it just like any other Zigbee device.

1 Like

I have (4) ZSE40's, a mix of 500 and 700 series running on a C7 with no issues. Just need current firmware and proper settings to prevent notification spamming on the 500 series devices.

2 Likes