Zooz zen32 hard reset

I have a Zooz Zen32 that I need to hard reset. i have instructions on how but my questions is what will need to be done on the hubitat side once this reset is done? I am assuming it will not work w/o some hoops to jump through and such, which i expect but trying to avoid frustration and getting info from those who have done this before.

don't think it is unique for this device but a common type.

thanks

It will lose its connection to the hub, so you'll need to do try one of two things. Being a Z-Wave device, the easiest might be:

1. Go to Settings > Z-Wave Details
  2. Find the "old" device in the list
  3. If you don't see a Replace button, hit Refresh, wait a few seconds, and see if one appears; if not, try a refresh one more time, and you should. (Otherwise, maybe you didn't really reset the device?)
  4. Select Replace, put the device in pairing mode, and you should see something indicating that the replace was successful. (Follow any prompts you might get, e.g., if it asks you to choose or skip security.)

Some people have bad luck with the above, and the UI flow isn't the best, so another option -- and one that works with any device, even if it's not also Z-Wave -- is to pair it like new, then use Settings > Swap Apps Device to switch them out in all apps (including rules, dashboards, etc.) without needing to do so manually, though that's certainly another option. With a Z-Wave device, you'll also need to check for the "old" device afterwards in Z-Wave Details and use "Remove" to get rid of the old node (again trying a refresh or two if "Remove" doesn't appear at first). Using "Replace" saves you from having to do either of these, as picky as it can be sometimes.

Also not sure what the hard reset of the device would do for you, but you didn't ask about that, so I'm assuming that device may have come from Zooz support or some other reason to suggest you might need to. :smiley:

Check this for slightly more detailed steps on using the Replace feature if you want to go that route

thanks, i have not done the reset yet. just trying to line everything up before so I don't end up with disabled switch and scramble to resolve

Why are you resetting it? There is not many good reasons why that would even be necessary.

i am resetting it because one of the lights on one of the buttons will not change and that is Zooz suggestion. i am certainly open to alternate methods. i can't the button color

You could try this community driver which exposes the LED settings a little differently. [RELEASE] Zooz ZEN32 Scene Controller (community driver)

Other than that, thats a new one. Not sure what would cause it, so doing a reset is a good way to rule out a config problem. If its still stuck after that Zooz will probably replace it under warranty so they want to to be sure its broken first.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.