Zooz Zen30?

Hello,
Just installed a zen30 and am able to control the fane (no speed control) but am unable to create a working hubitat tile, vI have tried switch, but, and dimmer to no avail. Continually says unknown.

42%20PM

The main toggle has to be the light and the small button the fan. The dimmer switch is not designed to be able to handle a fan load. I tried to cheat it with my fireplace blower and almost burned the switch up it got so hot (should have known better, but had to try). Looking at your setup, it looks like you need to change that. Or do what I did and just use the switch part as a scene controller (with no actual load hooked up) and use a relay that the switch controls. I was then able to use a switch tile for the main switch and a button tile for the bottom.

Fire%20place%20from%20Zen30

Just ran across the ZEN30 and it would be perfect for two spots in my home where I have in celling ZWAVE fan controllers but no load at the wall. It looks like a few people have something working, how did you get this working?

Sorry @Pelted, you said your ceiling fans are Z-Wave, I'm only aware of the Zigbee king of fans controller but either way what are you wanting to do? If your fans are already controllable from your hub you could use any scene capable switch to control them if you wanted to wire a switch for that purpose. The Zen30 is scene capable but more limited than some of the normal switches. If your fan is not controllable from your hub now it would require both a hot for the fan and a hot for the light to use the Zen30 and you'd only have one speed for the fan as the bottom switch is a relay not a dimmer.

Indeed you are correct, I had forgotten it was a Zigbee controller I put in there a couple years ago. I have room for one switch unit in the wall where there is currently a Wink Relay that I'm removing. The ZEN30 looks ideal because the main dimmer portion would be used for the existing light, and the relay would not be hooked up to load, just used to toggle the fan on/off from Hubitat.

The Zooz prices right now are hard to pass up.

That should work as long as the existing light's load wire runs through that box. From what I've seen the bottom switch can be used as a scene controller.

Inovelli is coming out with a new ceiling fan controller where you would replace the Zigbee module you have in the canopy with the module that comes with the inovelli switch which is Z-Wave and talks to the canopy module over RF to control both the light and fan and dimming of each without needing either load wire to run through where the switch is but that costs more since it replaces both modules.

Hi, What steps did you use to install the Zen 30 dual switch. Do you have to discover two devices or just one for both the fan and light to work separately? I'm trying to install in a single gang box to control a fan and light separately. The old manual switch is a single gang but has separate horizontal rocker switches for the fan and light.

Thanks
J

You only include the device once as described in the manual (click on Discover Devices > Z-Wave in Hubitat) and triple click the upper paddle on the ZEN30 to add it. Just make sure HE is updated to the latest version for both devices to appear for independent control.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.