Zooz Zen30?

Folks.

Saw this in the catalog I was sent, but I am unable to find online. This is a fan/light controller in the same device. Ideas? Is this experimental and not yet released? Awesome to have lights and fan in the same device.

Not released yet and I'm not sure they've set a date, but it is coming: Zooz Fan/Light Controller!

Thank you...perhaps @agnes.zooz can chime in. Curious to see this product.

We hope to release the product at the end of November / beginning of December but no dates yet since production hasn't started and delays are to be expected. We'll keep everyone posted on the progress here!

I saw the Zen30 is available at the https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/ now, is the driver available for Hubitat yet or will it be available soon?

Thanks.

Yes, we just launched it and have been updating everyone on the waiting list, I didn't get to the forum threads yet! :wink:

Unfortunately, we don't currently have a timeline for a Hubitat driver but as usual, we'll do our best to have one ready as soon as possible.

Ok, I'll order a couple in hopes that the driver becomes available soon. Thanks.

1 Like

@agnes.zooz Tonight I got one of my two switches installed, any update on when the driver might be ready, I imagine you'd be porting the driver you write for SmartThings and it doesn't look like that's done yet? I'm really looking forward to these. Thanks.

Just FYI -

@mike.maxwell indicated in another thread about this device that a built-in driver will be coming along in the future.

I saw that but was hoping to be able to use this device soon and without having to update my hub which has been problematic in the past.

I know. I have 3 waiting to go in. I even went into the github that they store other drivers and didn't see a smarthings one to attempt a port. They sure do look nice though. Looked through the catalog and saw the in wall motion switch. That will be a nice addition when it's ready.

1 Like

Sorry I missed that post! The device will be integrated with a built-in driver and that's happening separate from the SmartThings handler. We don't currently have any plans for providing a ported version of the SmartThings handler but will be monitoring the demand for it to see what we can do!

I would appreciate a driver for this new zooz device to be released

Is there a way to change the dimmer on to immeadiatly go to full brightness? My wife wants the feel of a normal switch were it turns on as soon as she presses it rather than the slow dim up to full brightness. Thanks

@Terk

Looking at their documentation for the switch, looks like Parameter 13 is what you are looking for as it controls the ramp rate. A setting of 0 is instant on/off instead of the default 1 second.

Until we get a driver for it, I don't know how we can change it unless the basic zwave tool driver could do it.

UPDATE: Just tried to change some of the parameters using the zwave tool and it appears to work.

2 Likes

Thanks, I'll give that a try when I get a chance.

Yes, that's the correct setting, thanks for sharing your findings with the Z-Wave tool @spalexander68!

Any word yet on when an HE driver for the zen30 will be available? I bought one but can’t use it until the driver is ready. Once it is I plan to buy more.

I'm waiting too. Just installed one to control my fireplace and blower. Want to tie everything together with the furnace fan to turn on when the fireplace is turned on. Got the switch parameters set using the z-wave tool, but now need to tie everything together.

Just an FYI - the drivers are in the latest update.

1 Like