Zooz zen30 mixing up button one on main switch and relay switch

I just updated my hub to 2.2.4.156. I had 2.2.3.148 before. I have a zen30 in my bedroom that isn't wired to anything but serves as a button controller for the fan, lights, and does some scenes. Both the main switch and the relay are set up in rule machine as a button device. For the main switch, 1 is lights on and 2 is lights off (normal switch operation.) For the small switch, 1 is cycle the fan on/off. When I push 1 on the main switch, it cycles my fan instead of controlling the lights. The small switch does not do anything. When I pause the rule for the small switch, the switch will not do anything. From the device list on my hub, I am able to tell it to push/hold/double tap the buttons and everything works as it should. All of my other button controllers are functioning properly.

Looking through the events for the switches, it looks like the physical presses for the big switch are reporting to the small switch, and vise versa. I tried swapping the devices in my rules, and it sorta works, but there are some weird things going on (the small switch would control the big switch). My best guess is somehow something got messed up in the code for the device with the update, or maybe the update changed how the switches are numbered on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am having a similar issue as well, tapping on the up part of the dimmer paddle and the relay are both sending "button 1" to hubitat for me

FYI I was able to revert the software on my hub using "HUB IP":8081 and selecting the previous version to downgrade the software. So I can at least turn lights on and off for bed tonight. That restored functionality for me.

@agnes.zooz and @bcopeland are aware of issues with the 2.2.4 code base and the Zen30 drivers it includes. Zooz has new firmware that addresses some S2 issues... this thread contains some of the discussion to date.

More is also in this thread-

1 Like