Zooz Zen30 and 2.2.4

:crossed_fingers:

Thanks, Bryan!

1 Like

I've got 2 of these installed that are on 1.03 and paired S2 so I need to unpair them and then flash and re-pair them. Frankly I'm afraid to do it as I'm afraid of ghost devices and that I'll not get it to pair back up. I have a ZEN25 too that is okay on 2.2.3 but after seeing reported issues with 2.2.4 I'm happy to keep waiting a bit longer.

Ooh! Before I forget... will the updated driver have support for parameter 27? This was introduced with 1.05 firmware...

Just to add to the conversation:

After updating to 2.2.4 my Zen30's are reporting doubletaps as coming from the wrong device. When I doubletap (up or down) on the dimming paddle, it reports as coming from the child device (the relay button). Doubletapping the relay button also reports as coming from the child. Fortunately most of the rules for these doubletaps are for scenes that are also controlled by time-based automations, so it would only be an issue if someone wants to engage a scene at an unusual time of day.

Not a huge deal, but a fix will be greatly appreciated, since I have 7 of these around the house in bathrooms and bedrooms. The wife hasn't noticed anything is wrong, yet...

The latest hotfix has a fix... trying it now and will report results here

Success! HE 2.2.4.147 is able to actuate both the dimmer and relay switch of my Zen30s, and the actions are accurately reported in the logs. Thanks @bcopeland! :+1:

I should note that one of my Zen30s is still on 1.05 firmware, and seems to work just fine with the new driver. I see no difference in behavior between 1.05 and 1.07. There's also some leftover debug logging taking place, even though I have debug logging disabled:

Summary

dev:427 2020-11-25 12:13:46.771 pm info Porch Lights: switch is off
dev:427 2020-11-25 12:13:46.764 pm debug supervision get: ep: 0 cmd: SwitchMultilevelReport(value:0)
dev:427 2020-11-25 12:13:46.758 pm debug zw device: 1E, command: 6C01, payload: 1C 05 26 03 00 00 00 , isMulticast: false
dev:428 2020-11-25 12:13:26.553 pm info Driveway Light: switch is off
dev:427 2020-11-25 12:13:26.535 pm debug supervision get: ep: 1 cmd: SwitchBinaryReport(value:0)
dev:427 2020-11-25 12:13:26.525 pm debug zw device: 1E, command: 600D, payload: 01 00 6C 01 1A 03 25 03 00 , isMulticast: false

Device 427 is the master device (Porch lights), and is the source of all the extra debugging entries. This particular switch is on 1.05 firmware. I see the same extra debug entries on the bathroom switch running 1.07 firmware.

Edit: debug logs aren't identical between firmware revisions. 1.05 generates more entries. Upgrading this switch to 1.07, since that's what Bryan wrote the driver against.

@bcopeland @agnes.zooz my final report: the combination of 1.07 firmware and the ZEN30 driver update in 2.2.4.147 has solved the outstanding issues I had with the operation of this device:

1. Dimmer device reports back its status to the hub after being actuated, either physically or by z-wave
  2. Same is true for the relay device
  3. No cross-device events are logged (ie the relay doesn't claim to change state when the dimmer is changed)

Thanks so much for everything you've done to make this work! :partying_face:

2 Likes

I am in the process of trying to get one of my Zen30's updated from 1.03 to 1.07 with the Device Firmware Updater. It's been at 1% for about a half an hour now. Hopefully I see some progress soon!

I've never had any success updating my Zen30s with the HE firmware updater (the old community version). I didn't even try this time around... I just excluded and used the PC Controller software and my z-stick. Took about 10 minutes.

Neither the hub update nor the ZEN30 firmware update solved my issue. Pressing the paddles still triggers a relay event.

My hub is at v2.2.4.148 and my ZEN30 is at v1.0.5.

Separately, updating the ZEN30 firmware was a pain in the butt. I ended up on having to force remove, factory reset, and rejoin for the switch to work at all.

That's just kind of how it is with Zooz switches... factory reset is required once the FW update is loaded.

Did you ask Zooz for a copy of 1.07? Seems to be working well for me, still.

1 Like

I missed that there was a 1.0.7, Iโ€™ll ask for it and give that a try. Thanks.

Okay weโ€™re making some progress. With v1.07 the paddle presses no longer trigger relay events, but now button events (pressed, held, etc) for the relay no longer trigger. Only on/off events for the relay are reported.

1 Like

@bcopeland @agnes.zooz I have 2.2.4.148 on a c5 hub with a 1.07 zen30 and am still having issues as well. I think as of 1.07 I'm no longer getting any button events, and am only getting switch events for the relay device. (1.05 with 2.2.4.148 I was getting all button events on the relay device, but was getting switch events on both devices).

I don't know if the fixes were specific to s2 (as the changelog seemed to imply) but my understanding was that the c5 hubs didn't work with s2 anyway...

Did you factory reset the switch after the update to 1.07?

Yup!

Then this could be something specific to the C-5 hub. Would you mind starting an inquiry with our support so we can troubleshoot this in detail with you?

Wanted to follow-up to say that after updating to 2.2.4.148 I'm still having the same behavior. I looked a little more closely this evening. Doubletaps on the paddle (either up or down) report as coming from "Button 2" on the child (relay) device. Doubletaps on the physical relay button report as being from "Button 1" also on the child (relay) device.

So, it seems that 2.2.4.147/148 have had no effect on my issue.

As of 2.2.4.153, the Zen30 still isn't reporting button events for scene control (even with the updated 1.07 Zooz firmware). For reference, I have a C7 hub, but this is not exclusive to the C7. This is a feature that was present prior to the 2.2.4 release. For comparison, here are the event logs before and after the release...

VS

3 Likes