Zooz ZEN27 Extra Buttons

So i apologize ahead of time, because I'm sure with enough searching the answer is probably out there, but I didn't seem to find a solution upon some quick looking around.

Trying to use the Zooz ZEN27 button 7 (up paddle 4 times) to activate other things via the rule machine, but looks like that button push is not being recognized (nothing shows up on the logs). Hubitat tells me i'm on firmware 2.7 (i'm guess that means 2.07 based on Zooz's website)

Am i missing something here?

Looking a little deeper into this; scene control isn't on by default (Parameter 13), however per the attached, looks it actually in enabled in the switch? now i'm really confused.

Capture

Check this out.. It may help you..

2 Likes

sucks you have to be on 2.8... updating firmware on these switches isn't trivial. I mean, it is, but it's just a pain and require extra hardware.

Nope.. it's super easy now.. With no extra hardware

3 Likes

I have used @bcopeland 's firmware tool. Works really well on the Zooz switches

2 Likes

Updated 3 zooz switches today using the tool. Worked but I had to exclude / re-include for them to work again. Curious if that happened to you too?

That has happened on all my Zooz so far. I think I have updated 4 various switches at this point? I have a few to go, but have been spreading the "fun" of excluding and including and fixing all the automations for a few days.

Still very happy we can do this firmware flashing though.

yea happened on all my Zooz switches too. But I only have 2 with rules attached so not too big a deal.

What is the correct combination of settings to get instant on/off for both physical and z-wave controls? Currently it feels like my z-wave commands are instant, but the physical controls go through a dimming or delay period.

You'll need to set the physical ramp rate setting to 0 (instant on/off).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.