Zooz Zen04 Smart Plug Driver and Newone N4003

Yes it need to be an attribute to be used on tiles or in RM.

I am thinking maybe I should call the attribute energyDays and just make the value the number of days only without the word "Days" in it? Then it could be used in RM if desired since it would only be a number. I could keep the state down below how it is already.

I already have this partially done, and I just need to add some automatic detection to turn on the power metering, then you should be able to use my updated version without modification on your device.

I'd only suggest that changing the variable name adds a little hassle factor when switching to your driver as you'll have to update any existing tiles or RM's. It's probably not too big an issue for most folks but does add an extra layer of complexity.

Good point I will keep it but I think I am going to make it be days only and send the unit in the event separate so only the number gets shown.

Are you actually using it in RM somehow with the "Days" word at the end? How do you use it in that case?

I'm not currently using it in rule manager and I'm pretty new to HE but I figured I could work some standard string manipulation magic to isolate the numeric value. You could use it then to calculate average KwH/day, etc. As I haven't looked at it closely, I'll have to defer to your experience.

localVariable = left (energyDuration, (indexOf (energyDuration, " ")-1)) or something like that.

As I had indicated earlier, I was switching a different energy monitoring plug in to the media center position. I have done that and it's working much better now. The range of settings allowed me to set parameters that will work fine and the excessive chatter is now ended.

I switched in a Monoprice 27481 Smart Plug / Repeater and set it up with your driver:

* deviceId: **10**
* deviceModel: **UNK00**
* deviceType: **257**
* firmwareVersion: **1.02**
* inClusters: **0x5E,0x25,0x32,0x27,0x2C,0x2B,0x70,0x85,0x59,0x72,0x86,0x7A,0x73,0x5A**
* manufacturer: **520**
* zwNodeInfo: **D3 9C 00 04 10 01 5E 25 32 27 2C 2B 70 85 5C 59 72 86 7A 73 5A 68 23**

@MajorEvent I published an update to HPM that should work universally for power metering:

I'll switch to that and respond in your thread going forward.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.