Zooz Zen 26/27 Wall switch pairing

Hi
I'm migrating some of my devices to HE from ST
I excluded Zen26 from ST, tried adding it but it's added as a device with status unknown, I finally change the type to generic Z-wave switch and it seems to work for on and off, flash doesn't work. I'm not sure if that's enough! I remember when I added it to ST I had to change the code to have additional features

Thanks for your help

There's another thread on this, if you search for Zen, you should find it, Essentially, the Zen26 and Zen27 are very "Chatty", particularly the 27, and send too much traffic on events.

I'm using 26's right now, using the same Generic Zwave driver you reference, but I'm holding off on the 27, hoping that Zooz makes them less promiscuous in their messaging traffic....

S.

Heres the Thread: Light not turning completely off

That being said, feel free to convert the ST device handler over to hubitat, or make your own.

It's not that it won't work, it is just that the hubitat team isn't going to support it or sirens resources making custom drivers for it.

1 Like

Have a look here...

You may find the ST driver works with just a few changes.
I notice the ST driver has quite a few references to physicalgraph

Andy

I just bought ten of them and I'm having the same issue. Did that driver work without any changes? They didn't pair as a switch, but generic z wave switch is doing on/off, but the LED indicator isn't functional with the generic driver.

Yeah the 26 at least, works fine with the generic driver. I've yet to try the 27.

Scott

The LED control isn't functioning for me. One is completely off and the other is coming on when the light is on (I have it set to on when light is off). I have hit confidure a whole bunch of timres. Not sure what gives

you're talking about zen26 or zen27?
I have zen26 set to generic z-wave switch and it's working, maybe you you need to edit the device

The 26. I've edited it multiple times

Ah. For the 26, I'm using Generic Z-Wave smart switch. In the device page, I was able to go to preferences and change the state of the LED no problem.

I think I tried the Generic Z-wave switch first, and the zen 26 didn't really like it.

S.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.