Zooz z-wave plus s2 double plug zen25 with usb port

Anyone know if this new Zooz Double Plug works with Hubitat?

It's not officially supported yet, but here's a driver for it:

2 Likes

@krlaframboise thanks for the driver. The Zooz S2 Double plug works great and I like the way the button work on the front, If I press it once the left plug turn on or off and if I press it twice in rapid succession the right plug turn on or off. I also like the design of the plug as I can now if I want have two plugs in the outlet fixture. Anyhow just wanted to tell you that your device driver works very well. Thank you for your hard work.

2 Likes

Any control of the colors?

I will check on the colors and let you know. I look at the colors and don't see any way to control the led other thank off/on. I not sure than is built into the plug but that a question maybe the Smartest house could answer.

Doesn't look like you can control the LED color. From the zwave config properties listing, the only LED listing is LED mode (param 17). And with that you can only:

0	LED indicator will display power consumption whenever the device is plugged in (LED stays on at all times, even if the plug is off)

1	(Default)	LED indicator will display power consumption whenever the device is ON in and will turn off when the plug is OFF

2	LED indicator will display the level of power consumption for 5 seconds only whenever the device is turned on or off (LED indicator will stay off for most of the time)

3	LED indicator is OFF at all times except for inclusion, exclusion, and Z-Wave range test.

It's possible there is an undocumented parameter, but that isn't likely / is rare from my experience.

Thanks for this driver! I just got one of these devices and it initially paired as the power strip (ZEN20) instead, which actually seemed to work fine aside from creating three more (useless) child devices than it needed to and not exposing the correct Z-Wave parameters.

The only issue I notice is that I'm using the USB port to charge a tablet, and the logs are now filling with these messages (note the timestamp to see how close these are):

2019-01-28 23:26:04.047 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.947 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.847 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.747 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.659 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.547 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.447 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.347 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.247 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.147 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:03.047 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off
2019-01-28 23:26:02.947 debugZooz ZEN25 Double Plug USB (Read-Only) - switch is off

This does go away when I turn off debug logging, but I'm not sure if the underlying "trigger" is a result of just the device driver or if it's the device itself sending these reports to the hub multiple times per second. If it's the ZEN25 itself (and it might be since it goes away if I unplug the device charging over USB), I don't think I'll want to keep using it since I don't want to bog down my Z-Wave network with that much traffic.

Anyone have any ideas?

That is definitely not good. Maybe @krlaframboise needs to look at that. If it is executing at that frequency normally, that could definitely bog things down.

And if it is the DEVICE sending that much traffic, I would throw it in the trash immediately before it screws up the rest of my mesh.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem while watching it with a z-wave sniffer. I'll let you know what I find...

3 Likes

Yeah, if it's a device issue, hopefully a firmware update could fix it (not that I'd be able to do that on Hubitat, but hopefully there's a way). But the messages did disappear when I unplugged the fully-charged tablet, so hopefully it's just limited to the USB port in any case. I must also confess that I'm mostly just using this as a repeater right now, so I haven't tested the outlets to see if they behave similarly.

1 Like

Was the tablet turned off or turned on when charging and plugged into the USB on ZEN25?

Turned off and charging, or likely fully charged and possibly oscillating between charging and fully charged (though multiple times per second ad infinitum would shock me).

It would be strange and we haven't seen this before. We did see a device that was turned on oscillating between on/off once fully charged because it would keep going back to charging every minute or so but nothing like this for sure. The reports are being sent based on the presence of current in the USB slot so multiple alerts would suggest multiple changes in a very short period of time or something else causing them to replicate. Have you tried charging a different device to see if similar things happen?

Took me long enough, but yes: I tried charging a pair of headphones (micro USB) and seemed to experience the same thing. In fact, even with nothing plugged in at all to either the USB port or any of the outlets, I noticed the driver still logging voltage and 0 W usage. I'm not sure if this is a device issue or just the driver (@krlaframboise?), but it was logging many times per second. It doesn't always do this, but when it does, I'm concerned that it might be dragging my Z-Wave network down if these messages are really coming from the device. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks for sharing that, we'll do some more testing and see if we can replicate any of the issues you described. The device shouldn't report power or any other value more often than it's set up to in the settings so we need to double check if it's a firmware issue or something else causing the multiple reports.

If anyone is having any issues with receiving too many reports from the USB port or the outlet, we now have a firmware update available which limits the amount of reports sent from the USB to 1 per every 30 seconds and a new setting that allows to disable all energy report, or selectively for any of the outlets or USB ports. Just send us a request for the OTA file with your order number.

Thanks.Definitely something that is needed.

Request submitted.

1 Like

Is there a reason why when I change to settings to auto turn on-after to "no selection" and hit save preferences it changes back to 1 Hour?

I don't this outlet to turn back on after an hour being off.

If the :auto turn-on timer enabled" is set to disabled, it won't turn back on. In this case the timer value is not used.

Gah now I see it thanks!