Zooz xs 700 series not reporting humidity

We just recently opened our product registration portal that grants you direct access to all of the latest OTA firmware files. You can register your product here and create a free support account here to download any of the firmware files you need. If you experience any issues after the update, please get in touch with our support and we'll be happy to troubleshoot the device with you.

3 Likes

Woohoo, I just filled out the form, just needs to be approved I guess.

@agnes.zooz did you see my question above about the reporting? Or should one of us open a support ticket?

1 Like

I never understand why people want to report on a time basis anyway.

If it hasn't changed more than a threshold, why report it? What good does that even do? I mean you already know what the value is by the fact that it hasn't changed more than the threshold... But each to their own - I just don't get it, but I guess I don't need to either.

That said, if the threshhold value does override/is interactive with the time reporting setting, that should be made clear in the documentation.

I also signed up.

Yeah I am happy with the threshold but I can understand if you are using it for something critical you might want it to check in with an updated value every so often just so you know its working properly. Also though, OP is stating it does not seem to be reporting on the threshold either. Possibly getting lost in the zwave someplace and not making it to the hub?

Mine is like 6 inches from the hub monitoring the air temps by my equipment, and I seem to be getting reports for every 1 F change as I have it set, just not every 2 hours.

1 Like

Ya it seems to have stabilized but i changed the reporting to 1° interval to improve the report frequency, and it seems the settings are incorrect and it really is .1°…

That is quite possible, because for the actual setting on the device 1 = 0.1F, so if the built in driver is not making that conversion, setting it to just a value of 1 would be 0.1 as you said.

Might want to try out my driver and see if that helps get the settings configured correctly. I spent a lot of time making sure what you put in the settings gets saved correctly to the device at the correct values.

I decided to give full granular control of the parameters by using an input box instead of a dropdown. I could even go further and take the users input as decimal and then convert but I think for just moving a decimal the user can easily do the conversion before inputting the value.

3 Likes

Thanks trying it now

Driver is not showing any input boxes. Do i need to wait for a full config.

If you just do a Save Preferences at the bottom it will attempt to detect the model and firmware, which should work and then build the parameters list out. I have my drivers like this so they can be dynamically adapted to multiple firmware or hardware versions of similar devices.

I should probably add better instructions for that somewhere.

Ya not working for mine

If you had pressed "Save Preferences" right under the logging options, I would expect to see a state called pendingRefresh: true which I do not see.

Also, I cannot see the full "data" section at the bottom to confirm you have all the info in there it needs.

You could also press the zwave button on the device 4 times to wake it up which will then go through the configure process and should work it out that way as well.

UPDATE: I do see some missed opportunities here to make this more robust especially on battery devices that cannot easily be refreshed, so I will be doing some testing and doing an update to make it more seamless to get the parameters sorted out.

1 Like

These devices only turn on the z-wave radio for reporting. After you make any changes from the HE, they won't go into effect on the device until it reports in OR you force a check-in by clicking the button 4 times.

What's interesting on the reporting interval is that it appears to work, but there's some padding. In kahn's screenshot in post #18...the temp is getting reported every ~33 minutes. I have my reporting set to 1 hour intervals for humidity and see a reading every ~1 hour and 5 minutes. I have temp set to 1° threshold and I'm hitting that before the 4 hour interval.

I'll also add that mine are reporting FW version 1.10

You are incorrect look again there is no 33 minute pattern. The pattern was a.1 degree temp change.

The times were

33 min

37 min

1 hr 10min

The.previous chart was some 33 amd some
Longer noy.consistent.

Thanks
I did save.it. multiple.times. and waited several hours .. no.params.

Also the parameters were posted above

I am not at the location so cannot push the button. Changed back to stock for now and changed temp refresh to 10. knowing that will be 1 degree. Since that reporting seems to work well.

Next time i am there i will.try to get firmware. Updated and try your driver again.

Who is responsible for fixing the temp offset error in the stock driver. Zooz or hubitat? @bobbyD

It would be Hubitat, but I do not think it is wrong actually. When I flip over to that driver is is reading my settings of "10" and showing me it is set to 1F in the dropdown. So it looks like 1F = 10 on the stock driver. I do know that that offsets do not work right on the stock driver, that was the main reason I created the custom one.

Also when you do change a setting on the stock driver (or any driver for a battery sleepy device), it does not take effect immediately, it will be applied the next time the device wakes up which should be around every 12 hours.

I was referring to this screenshot where, from 4:56 am to 9:56 am the reports where coming in 33 minute intervals. Here's the same from one of mine. Duration is measured in minutes. I have the reporting interval set to 1 hour and threshold set to 5%. Aside from the times when the threshold was hit, the reporting interval is 65 minutes.

https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/912-zse44-temperature-humidity-xs-sensor-change-log/

Found it.

Thanks got a copy from zooz but currently not at that location so cannot wake up the device remotely to try a fw upgrade

We also did some testing on our side and the sensor works without issues reporting temperature and humidity on a regular basis, using the custom driver. We noticed that it needs up to 24 hours to acclimate and settle. After the initial period, the device reports regularly. Let us know if you're still experiencing any issues!

custom driver not working for me.. no readings..