Zooz Titan (ZAC36)

Ok my first sensor driver, this is a pain but I am learning a lot about zwave in the process. I almost have a beta complete just trying to work a few things out. Here are the pics I promised.

3 Likes

@jtp10181 I installed mine today using the "Generic Z-wave plus switch" driver but it is reporting "switch: Off" while the valve is open. Any suggestions?

Thats actually normal. They have a parameter to flip it but it defaults that way. If you think about what it is, a valve actuator, which is normally letting water flow. Think about it that way, in the open position, you could consider the "actuator" to be OFF. Then when you turn ON the actuator, it closes the valve. The driver I will be posting today accounts for this and you can adjust the parameter to have on = open if you want. The open/close state will always report correct on my driver though, just the on/off switch state will be reversed by default (per the Zooz default).

Update: Results of running overnight, we have temperature reports. I set it to only report with a 2F change (a parameter) because it seemed like it was bouncing around but I might try it back at 1F again. Purple line is the ZAC36, the huge swings was me moving it in front of an AC vent to test the temp reporting, then back to my hot office, then to the basement where it will live in exile.

2 Likes

As promised:

5 Likes

Your driver is working well for me. I had to remove and re-pair the titan to get it working properly, but now it will respond to open/close triggers appropriately and can be added to the Hubitat Safety Monitor for leaks. It works well with the new zooz ZSE42 water sensors and shuts off water to the house quickly when any of them are triggered.

PS what are you making those temperature graphs with?

2 Likes

Grafana. You have to use something to get the events from Hubitat to a database, like InfluxDB. I use MakerAPI to send the events to Node-Red which I then have setup to save to Influx. Then Grafana can read from Influx. It is not for the faint of heart. I am pretty skilled with these things and I ended up making custom stuff for Node-Red and then you have to build Flux queries for Grafana to get the data. I loosely followed a write up on the forms but it is old and I used the newest versions of everything so I had to adapt it to that. But yeah, its pretty awesome.

Thoughts on if spacing is too tight to have this work here?

Haven’t found another solution that till work. May need to adjust this copper and valve.

Looks like it would just fit. The clamps can also slide further or closer to the valve and I have mine slid out a little. The clamps open wide so it should be able to clamp on that elbow.

3 Likes

Hi, does anyone know how the Hubitat ZAC36 driver for this actuator works? I see several options for Auto Test Mode and Water Leak Valve control, etc under the device settings.

Here is how they show on my custom driver, I tried to make the info as clear as possible after discussing what some of them do with Zooz. Link for driver is a few posts up. Does that help? Otherwise not sure what you are asking exactly.

1 Like

Wow, I think I will try your custom driver instead of the one Hubitat already had for it.

I read on the Zooz website about the Auto Test which turns the valve 1/8 of a turn I’m guessing to verify the valve is not stuck. Not sure what kind of report one would get if it was stuck though. I guess I’d have to program a rule for that depending.

Our valve was not able to be turned with the Dome actuator due to the torque required. But the Titan works a charm and seemed to use more and more torque as the calibration process went on. Amazing. Because of this though, I think the auto test is intriguing.

Interesting using this custom driver, the only preference the shows up is the temperature units setting.

You might need to do a configure and/or refresh so it confirms the model and firmware before it will show all the settings.

1 Like

Price right now (zooz winter sale) is as good as I've seen, so I'm pulling the trigger on one...

Can any current user please confirm what the latest Zooz firmware for this is?

Zooz hasn't posted a change log yet on the support page, but I know there are sometimes under-the-radar f/w releases... Many thanks!

You can PM @agnes.zooz or tag her here (:smiley:) for info..

Right on - definitely been there, done that for other Zooz goodies! :slight_smile: Just curious if any current users happened to know before I harassed Zooz about it. Thanks!

2 Likes

We do have a new release but the change log is still in the making :sweat_smile: Just reply to your order confirmation and ask for the 1.14 file.

2 Likes

Will do - thanks Agnes!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I am a new Hubitat user.
I am looking into the Zooz Titan device and went to the zooz website to find more details.
I cannot find the Titan on any of the product pages.
Did I miss something?
I did find a few articles about the Titan install in the support page.

Thanks,
Jerrold

The Smartest House (Zooz's main storefront) is a good place to track their product offerings:
Zooz Z-Wave Plus 700 Series Titan Water Valve Actuator ZAC36 - The Smartest House

The corresponding Knowledge Base page is here - I bookmark this support page for every Zooz device I have - lost of good additional info:
ZAC36 Valve Actuator - Zooz Support Center (getzooz.com)

ETA - Welcome to Hubitat!! :grinning:

2 Likes