Zooz tilt sensor not reporting

I put a Zooz ZSE43 tilt sensor on my mother's garage door that is supposed to trigger certain lights to come on when she arrives home (among a couple other things it does.) Tonight, we went to dinner, and had left the house through the front door (she hadn't parked in the garage.) But arriving home, when the garage door went up, the lights didn't come on. Looking at the logs, it never shows the door was opened since yesterday.

I have a couple Zen 34 remotes (the ones that look like switches) and sometimes, if I haven't used one in a few days, I have to hit the button a second time, so I'm thinking her tilt sensor is having the same issue.

Is there a way to have have it keep it from sleep mode, or a rule that can be set up to have it report periodically? When I was testing things out, it would report back every time, although the door was usually about half way up or more each time before it reported, though that's not a huge deal.

I should be checking with a wake up every 12 hours, and usually a battery report as well. If the driver is coded well, the battery report should show up ion the event history for the device.

You may want an app like "Device Activity Check" to monitor for unresponsive devices. [RELEASE] Device Activity Check - Get notifications for "inactive" devices

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.