Zigbee / Zwave Leak/Moisture sensor with sensor cable ("tail")?

I use these, same price, and they're great.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NEO-Tuya-ZigBee-Smart-Home-Water-Leak-Sensor-Wireless-Flooding-Detector-Leakage-Detection-Alert-Level-Overflow-Alarm-Life-App-Remote-Control-Works-Wi/888434671

If you mean the neo with the long probe that's just a plug not hardwired

The one @marktheknife linked to

1 Like

Question and update

For those of you using a sensor cable/rope, are they all stiff, are there tricks to make them flatter to get them to lay against the ground? Mine are all so stiff that they only touch the ground 2-3 time, which I guess causes them to cover 2-3 times more area than a single sensor, but still, I would prefer they touch the ground continuously.

Update
@roger3: Thank you!! The Zlink ZL-LD-100 looks like the winner.

Biggest advantage/PRO of this one is that it can be plugged in!!

• Reading the specs, the other advantage is that when plugged in it checks for leaks every 400 ms, vs every 60 seconds on battery.
  • it is considerably more affordable than the Sinope
  • You, a user, are posting first hand experience that it works with HE.
    CONS
  • There are a few other threads in which users report these are not reliable, and that humidity sets them off. Not too worried about that as I keep the humidity under 55%
    - They are longer available. Amazon does not sell them, none on ebay, none actually available at the few online "stores" at which they show up.

HOWEVER, I think the Zlink ZL-LD-100 is actually the exact same device as the HomeSeer device. I bought a bunch of the HomeSeer devices and some sensors off ebay with leak sensor rope with 3mm plugs. They work perfect together.

The only issue is getting the rope to lay flat....

These work well I use them with my Neo Coolcam/Tuya sensors

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J7EVB1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@rlithgow1 - do these lay flat on the floor for you? Even in the picture at the link they don't look like they lay flat. Mine are just like that - just a bit too stiff to lay flat on the ground...unless I'm missing the method y'all are using to make them flat.

Mine lay flat on the pans around my water heaters

1 Like

Bumping an old thread. I am looking for a leak detector, ideally Zwave and without a probe.

On amazon I found Fibaro and Zooz, but not ranked too highly. Are there any recommendations for other detectors? I found NEO Coolcam on aliexpress, but maybe it's sketch. I don't find much on it on google.

Coolcam is Zigbee, works well. You may also find them on Walmart online.

Z-Wave also has EcoLink.

For Zigbee you have the most options:

• Centralite
  • Third Realty
  • Aoetec
  • Tuya
  • Samsung (excellent, but no longer sold new, but you might find them on eBay)

Coolcam also make a z-wave version