Zigbee Valve

Hello,

Does anyone know if the following valve works with Habitat?

Thanks

Currently is not supported.

2 Likes

I know there was one made a while ago, but it was discontinued. I was looking for something that I can put outside.

Are you looking for a controller for a gardening hose? The Iris Orbit zigbee hose controller still show up occasionally on eBay. I bought a couple a few months ago.

I was actually looking at that model but couldn't find them. How much do they go for? Let me know if you want to get rid of one.

Another option is this, but don't know if it is compatible.

Also these, but not sure if it is safe to have outside and if they can be wired directly to 120V zigbee or zwave plug.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CWM2PWR/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07CWM2PWR&pd_rd_w=HmO9m&content-id=amzn1.sym.c7dca932-da6a-44fc-af09-cc68d2449b34&pf_rd_p=c7dca932-da6a-44fc-af09-cc68d2449b34&pf_rd_r=03JTKBGAHATGB7E8VESH&pd_rd_wg=CcDQE&pd_rd_r=04e3afd5-5775-489f-92b2-9e310486909e&s=hi&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRUhUTzU0TzFIM0Y5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzUzNzg4MThRN05QWkdKQktTMiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjg1Mjg4Q1g2TzVDWTM1NUU4JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I believe you need just a simple On/Off control of this battery-powered valve?

It's been discussed recently here, despite this device has a rather complex set of commands ( scheduling irrigation start and end times, configuring duration, capacity, etc.. ) the simple On/Off control can be added relatively easily. But I can't promise when it will be supported by this driver, have to finish some other already started projects first.

That is correct on/off should be good enough.

I bought several Orbit B-hyve valves and one bundle with the WiFi to Bluetooth bridge. It all works and has been reliable. The Bluetooth reached a surprising distance from the front to back of our 2500sqft home.

The Hubitat Community integration worked fine, but would disconnect every so often. I believe it works with Home Assistant, so you could use HA Device Bridge to bring it back to HE.

I honestly find their cloud service is fine for my needs, so Iā€™m using their app instead of integration with the hub.

I bought two "used" ones for $30 each. But they were new - just open box.

I'm using these two, but I do recommend checking eBay once a week or once a fortnight.