Zigbee switch not refreshing

I have a hardwired GE zigbee wall switch that is not refreshing. When I view it from the web interface, if it is on I can turn it off and vice versa, but it’s state does not update until I manually press the refresh button. Then it updates appropriately.

This is breaking webCoRE, as it isn’t turning the light on b/c it thinks it is already on.

Thanks

Which driver are you using?

I’m using the generic zigbee switch

Did you hit configure in the driver details when you changed to this driver?

1 Like

No, what does this do? I’ve pressed this button on other switches and nothing ever seemed to happen.

Any time you change a driver you need to click Configure to set various device settings on the device. It basically sends a command to the device making driver specific modifications such as refresh rates. If a device is paired and a driver is automatically selected the configuration is automatically done but anytime you manually change it, you also need to manually configure it.

2 Likes

That seems to have worked!

Thanks

1 Like

It’s often considered poor forum etiquette to resurrect a very old thread like this one. Even if your info now is accurate, it could still very well be very inapplicable to the discussion in this thread, which ended about three years ago.

You also posted the exact same thing in two different threads, also considered by some to be a red flag.

Unfortunately, very old threads don’t auto-close here, which would avoid the issue entirely.

If you have some info to share with the community that you have found to be helpful as you transition from ST to Hubitat, please consider creating a new thread.

2 Likes

which device are you referring to?

1 Like

This is the switch being referred to in this thread:

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Lighting-Compatible-Monitoring-45856GE/dp/B019HTH2A0

There's a version 1 and a version 2 - both of them work fine with the built-in driver.

2 Likes

oops sorry. I mixed it up.
this is the wrong thread. I'll delete my post on this one.

2 Likes