Zigbee protocol compatibility - Standard Light Link

I am having a hard time finding out if HE supports both the ZHA and Standard Light Link protocols for Zigbee. Can someone provide an official reference in docs or elsewhere that shows that it does or does not support LL?]

YF

I've got Gledopto rgbw led controllers working with HE. The specs on them indicate they're ZLL.

Hubitat Elevation is ZHA. ZHA works with ZLL for compatibility.

1 Like

Thanks!!

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is that the specs require ZLL to fall back to ZHA if a ZLL network isn't found. As such, ZLL devices will work with Hubitat (if their payloads are otherwise supported; some lighting products only work with group messaging, Touch Link, green power, etc.).

But be warned if they are powered devices like bulbs: most are repeaters, but most are also bad at that job if mixed with "regular" ZHA devices. (ZLL is a bit lighter-weight and a believable hypothesis as to why is that more complex ZHA messages can overwhelm their limited resources, causing some commands and reports to not actually be communicated.)

2 Likes

Is your controller a 1id model or 2id? Thanks

@Terk

I don't know what the difference is. This is the controller that I have. Luckily, I just bought another one (Xmas is coming) ......

1 Like

Thanks, that's a 1id controller.

1 Like

As in a single zigbee device shows up upon pairing?

Yeah from what I've been seeing a 2id unit should show separate devices for color and white allowing you to control both at the same time (not sure why you'd want to), although from what I've seen it can be tough to get Gledopto 2id units to work with many hubs SmartThings and Hubitat included. @mitchp is working on a way for them to work though so hopefully they will be an option.

1 Like