Zigbee network randomly offline

@chuck.schwer I just had my zigbee network go offline again. This seems to be a new "feature" 2.06 I had it happen once during the beta too. Disabling and re-enabling in settings didn't fix it, had to reboot to bring it back up.

Any theories on what might be the cause or would you recommend I open a support ticket?

I had this happen to me too. I can't find the post now but someone said this happens when your hub is "dying" (about to lock up) the zigbee radio is the first thing to go. I had to reboot it to bring mind back up too.

1 Like

I had the same issue on 2.0.5. Woke up one morning and it was disabled. I turned them back on and didn't think much about it. The hub was working well until 1 week later my hub died and I had to do a soft reset to get everything back.

Its only happened once to me though.

@halfrican.ak Yes please open a support ticket and ask that I look into it.. I just want to make sure we track it.

Some Zigbee devices randomly go off line, than wont re-pair...\

Also get new IP address assigned from time to time, log in wont work, have to manually enter the address from my router...WAZZUP?

sounds like you're dealing with a different issue. The thread is regaring the entire Zigbee radio of the hub going offline, not individual devices. Your particular issue is likely related to a lack of Zigbee repeaters.

The issue with the IP sounds like you have not reserved an IP address for your hub in the router. You need to consult the instructions for your router and reserve a specific IP address for your hub based on its MAC Address. For example, if your network broadcasts on 192.168.0.x, then you would reserve a specific IP where x is a number between 2 and 254 (but not one that is currently in use by another device on your network). Typically the router will automatically assign one that is free when you go through the setup, but if it doesn't, then you can look at the DHCP client list in the router to find which are in use, so you can choose one that is available.

1 Like

Received this again today, I originally thought it was the InfluxDB logger but I have already removed that app, so I am not sure what is causing this issue. I do not remember experiencing this issue until more recently, for the last 2 months or so.

I do not have any other apps that should be causing any excessive load on the hub. No errors in logs either. Aside from the InfluxDB logger which I removed I have had the current apps installed previous to experiencing the issue.