Zigbee network map

Does anyone know if theres a way or an app to create a Zigbee (or Zwave) network diagram. I want to see the routes that my devices are taking to get back to the hub. 'Im getting regular zigbee drops when I see the device responding (i.e. motion detector indicator light) but the device activity is not recognized at the hub...

Thanks

While not a diagram, this will show your Zigbee routing.
http://your_hub_IP/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

3 Likes

Thats fantastic...

is there a list of these utilities anywhere , documented ?

1 Like

I found that link in another topic. It's now saved as one of my favorites!

Thanks so much .. appreciate it !!

Great idea - will do the same . Thanks !!

Take a look for Digi Xbee threads. One of them led me to buying a USB board with a plugin Zigbee device - paired with XTCU software on my windows 10 machine allows me to dig deep:

3 Likes

wow thats amazing !!

Vettester thank you for the link above

Is it just me but most of the links in that document give me an err404.

Am using the following URL tyo see my zigbee connections..

http://hubitat.local/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Although it works it DOES NOT show all my zigbee devices... most of the ThirdReality devices are excluded...

is there a way of displaying all devices ?

As far as I know that IP link only shows the devices that the Hub sees.
If you want a whole network diagram, you have to buy the XBEE, and download the XCTU software.
(See the XBEE entry in the forum).

P.S. the XBEE is one of the very best repeaters around.

1 Like

thank you..appreciate the help and direction

What USB plugin Zigbee device did you use with the XTCU software?

This recently started happening to me. I was using iris v2 motion sensors. I always knew I didn't have enough repeaters but everything worked fine until about a week ago when multiple sensors kept dropping. The motion activated light appears on the sensor but the logs do not show the motion events registered on the hub.

I'm afraid to say 'buy this' ... only because I was very concerned about my own purchase and it meeting the needs so I could follow the walkthrough.
When I obtained mine, it worked but I didn't have the same firmware as the instructions - I ended up making modifications to the instructions and updating and taking some chances. Luckily it all came easily ...
I note that as of today, Amazon was out of stock. For parts like this - try Sparkfun - they have everything, but a tad more expensive. (I get all my rPi kits there - same place I found my fart sensor!)

Here is the thread I followed. It looks complicated, but it really wasn't. I urge that you read the thread as it really helped get the right specific dongle.

1 Like