Zigbee log entry oddity - Help interpret

Anybody know why this showing an legit device ID?

I an trying to heal my zigbee mesh.

that looks like an orphaned device. Have you force removed anything at any point?
The best way to heal your zigbee mesh is to safely power off your hub in the IDE for 20 minutes. That will force the mesh to find everything again. I'm not sure about getting rid of orphaned devices anymore. I think they eventually disappear. Someone else may be able to confirm this.
Also, some say that you can simply disable zigbee radio, but I, personally, don't like to do that because of all of the errors that roll in the logs. Feels like you're defeating the purpose of a refresh by letting it work to try your zigbee radio for the 20 minutes that you need to force the rebuild. IMHO

1 Like

That's what I heard as well, but it is not my experience. The best thing IMO is to find the device that was force removed and reset it (or remove its power source).

1 Like

I have not forced out any device. That is how I am attempting to do it. I removed power from all Sylvania Bulbs. Then downed the hub for at least 25 minutes. I then restored power to the hub to bring it back up. I waited nearly 30 hours before applying power to the bulbs to allow motion and moisture sensors and door locks to check in and join the mesh. I then powered up the bulbs. doing one at a time at 30 minute intervals. I am definately seeing devices not able to communicate because of range.

What is odd is these 000 and 000(0) entries. I have no idea what this means.

Strange to me is that I have three Samsung garage door sensors at extreme range to the hub and the middle one is working fine, but the other two are not. One is further away and one is closer to the hub. The sensors are within 10 feet of each other. I have 3 Sylvania bulbs within 25 feet of these devices. I have another 2 bulbs within 6 feet of those bulbs. Another bulb sits 12 ft from them and within 6 feet of the hub. If the bulbs are repeating correctly, then I should have any nearby battery device working. One motion sensor is working with two bulbs. One motion sensor with three bulbs is not.

I know I need smart.plugs to use as repeaters, but I cannot get the desired TradFri signal repeaters as all Ikeas are closed. I cannot even get delivery.

Power everything on. You're just causing your mesh to rebuild itself every time you turn on another device. Essentially, you just needed to turn your hub off for 30 minutes and power it back on.
the 0000 devices are devices that have either been force removed, excluded and still have power or are broken.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Check this thread: Zigbee log showing device 0000(0)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.