Zigbee Library Reference - ST DHT Port

Hello,
I am working on trying to port a driver from ST over to HE - The Securifi Peanut Plug. I am making some progress, but am finding myself very frustrated at the lack of clear documentation. Can anyone advise on the timeline for getting the docs wiki to anywhere close to what ST offers? In particular, it would be handy to have a reference as to the capabilities of the Zigbee library - ST example can be found here: ZigBee Reference — SmartThings Classic Developer Documentation

Thanks,
-Dan

The Peanut Plug is supported with the Hubitat's built-in "generic Zigbee outlet" device driver.

You may have to switch to it manually after pairing.

References on porting SmartThings DTHs to Hubitat device drivers and Smart Apps to Hubitat Apps:

Official Hubitat Developer Documentation (a wiki work in progress)

@veeceeoh - Appreciate your thoughts on the generic driver - but the generic driver doesn't support power monitoring that I would like to do. I had found the link you posted, which is somewhat helpful, but still doesn't have the robustness of the official set of documentation that comes with ST. It would be very helpful to have some level of transparency about what the Zigbee (and Zwave) library's can and can't support. Hoping maybe a resource from @Hubitat might respond.

1 Like

What information are you looking for? I have updated the zigbee documentation to include a list of all methods we support and I can prioritize methods that you are looking for. We have tried to strike a balance with support/development/documentation so when requests come in we try to handle them. If you let me know what methods you are trying to use, or even better if you can let us know what errors you are getting when porting the driver, I or other members of the community can help.

1 Like

Not sure what you are asking here. The peanut plug supports cluster 0B05 which is the standard power reporting cluster. The parse command doesn’t translate the attributes but there’s nothing stopping you from capturing the attributes yourself.

Take a look at my Iris Smart Plug driver if you want to see how I implemented untranslated power reporting attributes.

Hi Dan, sent you a message, I think, but it appears to have created a whole new topic, not sure what the heck I did. The driver I posted works but not power reporting even tho there is a power reporting section.
Have fun, I hope you crack it!

Hey - Just trying to find this driver - would you mind posting a link? can't seem to find it on the forum.

It was literally the first thing that popped up when searching for "iris smart plug driver"...

1 Like

Hi Chuck,
Thank you for updating the docs - very helpful - between that and other examples, I think I may almost have the driver working... fun stuff!

-Dan

Dan, great I hope you were able to make sense of the peanut driver I posted. Not sure what the forum does when you paste a driver, but it seems to format some of the code oddly.

I'd be happy to beta test the driver for you.

Rich