Zigbee GPI Trigger Device?

I assume it's out there and I am missing it:
A simple Zigbee unit that communicates via Zigbee (or Z-Wave) whenever its GPI input changes between OPEN and CLOSED. I want something simple and turnkey. No Raspberry Pi or Arduino required.
I see lots of modules with integrated push buttons, but I want to bring wires from an external relay with dry contacts to trigger the module.

Thanks.

Most people use a simple Contact Sensor or Leak Sensor to accomplish this. Some contact sensors have “external sensor” screw terminals that can be used exactly the way you’re describing. Leak Sensors have a pair of metal contacts, that if bridged together will activate the device.

Here is a list of devices... just be sure they work on Hubitat, as this list is from the SmartThings community.

Have you looked into these?

I haven't received mine, yet, but they are supposed to have 2 digital inputs that are pre-configured to update status to Hubitat:

It can send and receive commands and messages to and from the hub over zigbee to perform various actions.
For instance, sending the command "on." from the hub to the board will tell it to turn on all its digital outputs. And changing a digital input on the board will send the message "Button1 yes." back to the hub.

Thank you for the link.
I guess the Aeotec Door/Window 7 will do the trick via Z-Wave. I'm not seeing any Zigbee solutions that don't require additional hardware such as an Arduino.
I've actually used a SmartThings water sensor for this by soldering wires to the two water sensor tabs on the outside of the case. Kind of a kluge but it works. It's surprising to me that a function as simple as GPI triggering isn't available in a "store bought" Zigbee device.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information. Your solution may be a bit more of a challenge than I want to take on at the moment.
For now, I'll probably just buy the Aeotec Door/Window 7 and do it via Z-Wave.

If you want more than one in a location look at Konnected.io boards once they are in stock again, they are WiFi or POE is coming but they still connect local.