Zigbee fan controller keeps dropping out again

So, after adding a couple of zigbee Smart plugs around the house as relays I finally thought all was fine, tonight the ceiling fan decided to just stop responding again. Most everything I have is zwave so holding out for inovelli’s switchs coming out before I do my other fans, but this zigbee device is really annoying. Any other ideas other than turning everything off and starting over again?

Have you looked at how it is routing from the hub?
You can look at it via http://hub-ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo.

1 Like

Yes: replace the antenna, or at least open it up (very easy--just screws) to make sure the stock one is securely connected. I had no problems with mine since replacing the antenna. Here is a helpful post on the matter of replacement:

(I used the leaf-style antenna because he said it appeared to work at least a little better than the other option, but I'm sure anything is better than what it has.)

Since doing this, I was able to move the repeater out of this room and put in the next room over where I really wanted it. Hopefully your module is i n an easily accessible location if you want to do the same. Otherwise, the Inovelli should indeed be here later this spring. It's a bit different in that the canopy module is proprietary RF and the Z-Wave smarts live in the (required) wall switch unit, but it fulfulls the same function of needing only one load wire going to the fan/light and gives you a wall switch, a native option for which (there are obviously lots of things you can do with Hubitat in the middle to compensate) is lacking with the Hampton Bay.

...which, by the way, is what I assume you're talking about. You never did say. :slight_smile:

1 Like

get a repeater ABOVE the fan reciever. Either the room above or attic. If you can't do that try to get a repeater as high as possible, before you go down the disassembly/antenna route.
My KOF controller seems to like my xbee router

1 Like

Funny, that was actually the first thing I did. We have a bathroom almost directly above the fan so I put the first Iris Zigbee/Zwave repeater there a year or so ago and that mostly solved it. Since moving to Hubitat and starting the mesh networks over again I've had nothing but trouble with this one device.

I may have to do the antenna swap, but damn I really don't want to climb back up there and take that all apart again.

This is that routing info, not super sure what this all is, but it appears to be going through the repeater in the bathroom above and not the one in the room with it.

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Sylvania Zigbee Outlet, 3F8B], LQI:252, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Repeater Outlet: Zigbee, 81B2], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Repeater Outlet: Zigbee, 81B2] via [Repeater Outlet: Zigbee, 81B2]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Family Room Fan, 8092] via [Repeater Outlet: Zigbee, 81B2]

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.