Zigbee dimmer turn on to set level

Continuing the discussion from Rule Machine - Order of Execution:

With 2.0.6, if I set the level to a value greater than the current level, while the light is off, then the light will turn on to the new level. If the new level is a value less than the current level, the level is set, but the light does not turn on.

Thoughts @mike.maxwell ?

There weren't any driver or platform changes in 2.0.6 that would account for this

This may be unchanged behavior. I was just doing some further testing. Is there a fix on the horizon?

Any chance of getting this fixed at some point?

What's the short version of the issue?

It sounds like the problem I have with the built on driver for Jasco Zigbee dimmers. GE/Jasco Zigbee dimmers do not switch on at dim levels below 30%
I use a custom driver for my Jasco Zigbee dimmers. I have a Leviton Zigbee dimmer and it works fine with the built in driver.

I need to verify the device being used here.

@mike.maxwell
If I issue a dim command the light doesn’t turn on, unless the dim level issued is 100%. In automations I have to both turn the light on and set a dim level If I want the light to turn on.

The dimmer in question is a GE zigbee in wall dimmer switch - 45857. I’m using the generic zigbee dimmer driver.

@mike.maxwell I just purchased a new GE plugin lamp dimmer and I am having the same problem with setting the dimmer without first turning on. The model number is 45852GE. Any updates on a fix for these?

thanks

there will be a dedicated driver for these in 2.1.4

awesome! will that work for both the in wall dimmer and the plug in lamp dimmer?

that's the intent, the plugin dimmer hasn't arrived yet...