Zigbee Devices offline with power off

Hi,

I have a few bulbs, plugs and bulbs that I move around the house and only use occasionally. So they are paired but offline, unplugged in a drawer.
Should I remove these from the zigbee network or is it ok to leave them in hubitat when their are no in use?

You're removing the battery from the remote? Don't really need to do that, but I guess if it's a battery hog like my Symfonisk controller, I can understand. Battery devices are end devices, so it won't matter. They might not stay paired if they miss too many check-ins. but you can just join them again I guess. Not that big of a deal with most devices. They'll be found again as "Previously Joined Device [the devices name]" as long as you don't delete the driver from HE.

You move bulbs around the house? :thinking:

The outlet, I suppose you can move around the house, but if end devices are routing through them and you then unplug them, any end devices routing through them to the hub might drop on their next check-in.

1 Like

My 79 year old mom does the same. I gave her a bunch of centralite ZigBee lamp modules for lighting up cabinets and lamps around her house in addition to Sengled bulbs. She is always re-arranging things and removes outlets and plugs lamps directly in. I never had an issue where putting the modules back in when I visit and haven't seen them fall off the network. Same with the bulbs if they are moved from one end of the house to the other. ZigBee is very robust in discovery and routing.

I will say that I have one Zwave wall outlet that I used to make sure her lock continues to work, she removed it to plug in Christmas lights even though it's labeled for Christmas lights and the lock drained it battery in 5 days because it lost it's peer.

I'll set up zigbee lamp modules for special tasks or zigbee water valves for testing and just unplug and store them for months or more. In fact, I used to purposely set up an extra lamp module while I was in a pairing session and just mark it for future use --then all I had to do was change the name if I used it for a quick automation.

Other than Device Watchdog not being happy with my laziness, I haven't experienced a problem. (C4)