Zigbee device not working on new C8

the routing table doesnt show all your devices so it is hit or miss. for instance cindy car is not even showing in mine so it probably is repeating through more than one device which makes sense it is in the garage in the car (its a smartthings presence sensor connected to 2 1.5v batteries).

Correct, but I’ve spent enough time (too much) looking at it to know almost for certain what signal strength should correspond with each repeater.

2 Likes

My experience as well the zig bee is causing all kinds of issues with all different devices. Hue motion Aqara, even some of my older SmartThings motion
Really need to find a fix for this on c8

Install 2.3.5.113 if you haven't yet, and give it a whirl. It solved my issues w/Hue Outdoor motion sensors that would not stay connected.

Working on it now

2 Likes

I think that the jury is still out on it, considering it's only been about 32 hours and others have not reported the same success. I haven't had any issues to speak of, but I think it may be due to the 9 or so Zigbee 3.0 routers that I have, especially the Sonoff dongles that all of my Hue sensors seem to be connected to, one of which is 2 feet from the hub.

Of course I'm only speaking for me when I say things are working. :slight_smile: Just want to encourage others to take a shot and report back so the process can continue.

Mine were dropping off very promptly before, now they are solid. One is routing via a SonOff dongle, the other is routing through an Iris plug, so that variety in their connectivity is encouraging, I think.

Time, as they say, will tell.

1 Like

I was surprised to see the tuya mmwave sensor I recently added routing through several different repeaters and directly connected to the hub over a couple minutes time. It's very chatty and I'm pretty sure it might have crashed the old zigbee radio. but no issues so far with this one.

1 Like

wow I am so happy I just stumbled across this thread....I thought I was the only one with these problems.
I migrated from my C-7 to C-8 last week and my zigbee network is now almost completely unusable. Most devices take multiple commands to respond and my Ikea shades only respond about 50% even after sending multiple commands. I was so happy with Hubitat after migrating from Smartthings late last year but I should have just stuck with the C-7. If it ain't broke don't fix it

I just did the update to 2.3.5.113 and I am praying this gets fixed so I dont need to manually move all my zigbee devices back to the old hub

1 Like

Things may sort themselves after the update - may take some time.

You can also try the Rebuild Network option on the Zigbee Details page (Settings>Zigbee Details).

1 Like

You can also try adjusting the zigbee radios power level. The older hubs radio maxed out at 8, and the C-8 comes preset to 16. Some have had success turning it down as far as 8, others (me) found maxing it out at 20 to be better. Also make sure the old hub's zigbee radio is turned off, or reset and on a different channel.

Thanks for the replies!

• I've done the reboot radio/rebuild network a few times without success.
  • I already reduced my power setting down to 8 to reduce potential interference. Maybe I will try upping it to 20 just to see what happens. Nothing to lose
  • C-7 has been off since the migration, so no conflicts there
  • Previously my hubs have always resided in the basement without any issues. This morning I enabled the wifi on my C-8 and moved it to the first floor crossing my fingers. No change

I might consider moving some of my more important zigbee devices back to the C-7 while all of this gets sorted out. I think my patience will last longer that way

1 Like

Glad to see the update is working at this point only been a 1/2 hour we will see if it hold Hue motion back up, one Aqara motion up and running and One Aqara button working, well at least for this moment. We will see by tomorrow if we stay connected. Glad I saw the tread on the update my hub didn’t see it.

1 Like

Go to the Announcements category and set it was "Watching" and you'll get notified when new releases (and other announcements) occur.

2 Likes

Make sure to let us know what your experience is whether good or bad. It helps the staff to know what issues are occurring so that all of our hubs can be more reliable. I consider myself lucky since my experience so far has been incredibly positive migrating one of my C-5 hubs with 93 zigbee devices to the C-8 and then moving all of my z-wave devices from my other C-5 hub to the new hub. I actually put batteries back in the three Ring motion sensors mounted in the garage because my z-wave network is running so much better than before. I haven't told my wife that there are now 6 working motion sensors in the garage :shushing_face: and one of them is a mmwave radar.

1 Like

Six! So are you tracking cockroaches? :wink:

I really hate it when the lights turn off on me :wink:

1 Like

Had issues with Phillips Dimmers - they would not connect, stay connected, or even flash orange (ready to connect) properly.
2.3.5.113 has resolved issue. Immediately orange flashes were proper and devices were recognized, and are still connected and functioning. yay!
Now to see if the other sensors and devices are working. Sort of got hung up with the dimmers because they were the first things I tested

2 Likes

I couldn’t keep them connected to my C-5. Everything else stayed connected but Hue devices. I put all of mine back on the Hue bridge where they have never disconnected without automatically reconnecting (no user intervention needed). Unfortunately my wife doesn’t care for them, and honestly I don’t either. I’ve grown fond of the Zen34 dimmers now that the firmware has matured. Much nicer looking and better feel than the Hue, and the batteries last forever. I have Hue dimmers littered all over, not really in use, just don’t know what to do with them. Maybe I’ll mount them all to a board like an evil genius control panel or something.

After the migration did you leave your old hub running or did you shut it down completely