Zigbee device last activity vs last checkin

I have an Aqara temp sensor that hasn't been updated or checked in for several months - I'm not even sure where it is (possibly in a box waiting for deployment). Yet it keeps showing Last activity as very current. The aqara driver (I've tried a couple community drivers) shows it as not present. So why is Last Activity still updating ?

What community driver are you using? There is one I can think of that used "presence" as a synonym for whether the device has checked in recently and could therefore be assumed to be online/healthy, but this has always been non-standard use of this attribute, has fallen out of favor recently, and could only be there because a driver you used to use created the event but your current one doesn't (that's why I'm asking).

Also, what are you looking at for last activity? The "Last Activity At" data on the device detail page? AFAIK, that is under control of the driver (whenever it either generates an event or at least throws one at the platform that might get filtered out if it's not a state change). If you're on a model C-8 hub and looking at the Zigbee Details page, that information is totally different and not available to the device object or persisted in the database, though it can give you some idea of whether a device is likely to be "healthy" or not.

1 Like

I have a couple of Aqara devices: a vibration sensor and a leak sensor. Initially, they did not work with the C-8 hub, but I was recently able to add them back to the system.

I am using the Xiaomi Aqara Mijia Sensors and Switches community driver for the vibration sensor and the Zigbee- Aqara Water Leak Sensor driver from Oh-La Labs for the leak sensor. The drivers are available through Hubitat Package Manager. You can see the release notes here: