Zigbee bulbs on Hue hub

Hi All,

After reading several threads I want to get several cree and a couple osram bulbs onto a hue hub to create a separate zigbee mesh. However I have tried one osram bulb and one cree bulb and the hue won't discover them. I've tried entering the serial number before searching as well. I have factory reset the bulbs.
Is my hue hub not capable/compatible to do this? Any other settings that need to be changed in the hue software to allow this? Here is my hue hub info.

Thanks
Chris

Are you in the US? If so, the osram bulbs wonโ€™t work with a hue bridge. In the US, osram bulbs use the ZHA profile, but in the rest of the world they use ZLL, the only profile hue supports.

Iโ€™m not sure if cree bulbs use ZHA or ZLL.

Any recent Sylvania/Osram bulb in the US is ZHA, as stated above, so those won't join to Hue. If you're lucky enough to have an older ZLL one (or one with the European ZLL firmware they no longer let us crossgrade to for no good reason...), then that's a different story.

For the Cree, I've usually found that a "regular" reset is enough to get them to join. Turning them off for 2 seconds, on for 1 second, and repeating that 4 times is apparently the standard reset procedure for them, but you could also use a Hue Dimmer, Eria Dimmer/Remote, or Lutron Connected Bulb Remote as documented here: Join and Reset Instructions - Hubitat Documentation. Additionally, if you currently have them joined to any Zigbee network (and they're still responding on it), a "remove" is usually enough to reset them.

If you use the "serial number" option in the Hue app, you'll have to enter the pseudo-serial-number near the base of the bulb, minus the "E" that it starts with. I'm pretty sure this is "330248" for all of them, but I'd look just to be sure. I've joined several to my Hue network, and they have been unproblematic there.

Thanks everyone, finally started working, I was following the hue prompts saying to have the light on then click search. I had to start with the light off, then turn the light on and it found them.

This may be a question for a new thread, but since from what I have read Osram bulbs can really mess up a zigbee mesh if I replace them with Singleds, do I put the new Singleds on the Hue mesh or leave them on the Hubitat? Or does it matter?

Thanks!

Sengled bulbs are ZHA 1.2 (or maybe Zigbee 3.0, I'm not sure) only. The Hue network only works with ZLL bulbs (and actually supposedly Zigbee 3.0, but I'm not sure if that's native or just relying on the default "falling back" of 3.0 to 1.2 in this case). Bottom line in any case is that they won't pair to a Hue Bridge network, so you'd have to use them directly on Hubitat. They are unproblematic there given that they don't repeat and therefore can't exhibit the problems otherwise noted for bulbs, but if you have a lot, note that you may need to add more repeaters to extend the capacity of your Zigbee network (Hubitat has a limit of 32 directly-connected "end devices," i.e., non-repeaters, and each repeater has its own limit, often something like 4-8 but sometimes more).

Thanks @bertabcd1234,
Just found that out trying to pair one, guess I should have tried it before posting.

Chris

@cfunk30 If you are OK with the power-on recovery not available for bulbs other than the hue I was able to pair an ERIA bulb with the Hue app. Another choice I guess.

@razorwing, funny you brought that up I just hit the buy button about 5 minutes ago on one of the ERIA BR 30 color bulbs, glad to have confirmation it will work with the hue bridge. Also added a singled color br30 just in case it didn't. I've got to stop reading this forum, I keep trying to fix problems that I don't have yet, zigbee bulbs, zwave repeaters, etc. :grimacing:
Thanks!

@cfunk30 Welcome. I also tried one of my adj. white and color Sengled's and I couldn't get either of them to pair. Gledopto bulbs are another one I hear work with hue.