Zigbee application profiles supported?

That's interesting. I would be surprised if they weren't closing connections properly, but who knows. Perhaps it's related to the frequency of queries. My code is querying every 20 seconds, so perhaps 1 minute is better. Personally, I want higher frequency that 1 min. Really the Eagle shouldn't lock up... a shame they never fixed this before dropping support.

I wouldn't mind a higher frequency. I went the easy route -- it's a one-and-done execution that cron runs... and since cron can only run something once per minute...

What do you mean "before dropping support" -- are you on an EAGLE or EAGLE-200? The EAGLE-200 appears to still be fully supported...

I had considered using the Uploader API for instantenous data, but that was going to take more work than I felt like at the time.

I have the original EAGLE (100). I am considering writing a new driver that implements the uploader API. Even with my auto power cycle logic, it sometimes doesn't come back up and I have to manually attend to it.

@augoisms, Thanks for the link to the discussion on HA and thanks everyone for chiming in. I think I'm going to hold-off until I can get something working that won't lock up the Eagle. Maybe a custom "cloud" for the Eagle to connect to by running Node-Red on my Synology NAS.

@kleung1 @doctorkb I have a working driver that implements the uploader API (driver only, no parent app needed). I want to add some more data from the payloads and then let it run for a few days to see how it does, but otherwise things are looking good. I'll keep you all posted!

1 Like

@augoisms: Thank you for generously sharing! Looking forward to it!

I too am interested. I have for the last four years had my Rainforest Eagle data being logged to a Raspberry PI as well as connected to Wattvision. Same experience as others where the Eagle stops responding after a while. I have configured a reboot command sent every day from my PI that solved that issue.

The connection to Wattvision seems to work very well as data is always there whereas the data from the Rainforest portal seems to stop a lot until I log into it.

@anderml You can find the driver here:

[RELEASE] Rainforest Eagle

Thanks, I'll follow there going forward. Since I use Wattvision for the cloud setting I'll have to decide if I want to drop that as I have the one year history plan with them.