Zigbee 3.0 plug, very low LQI, but large # connections, Keep or Remove?

Hi Guys, Just grabbed 2 of these for really cheap(20$), anyway testing them out and see they are extremely "social", as after joining they rapidly link to many devices in the mesh, however XCTU indicates the LQI is generally garbage, even with line of sight devices. An Xbee S2C in the same room has a LQI of 45. the device responds very rapidly to the 25 rapid fire on/off test commands I sent, zero lag.
So is this a keeper, or will it likely trash my mesh?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MX4HFJH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It looks like a peanut plug...

1 Like

LOL...every small round Zigbee plug looks like a Peanut plug. :wink:

The one in the OP has different buttons, and they are on the wrong side - Peanut below. The one in the OP also looks shorter than the Peanut so probably not a "copy plug." (Which could be good or bad depending on your feelings about Peanut plugs.) :smiley:

1 Like

I have peanuts, dry roasted and the mesh killing type, and this plug is zigbee 3.0 and not a peanut, it's much smaller, which is what attracted me to it. I'm giving it a few days to see if things go south, although without them, things have gone south many times. I bought these as I figured they would be good repeaters. And dang they make loads of connections, way more than the tradfri dedicated repeaters.
I'm beginning to wonder about the Xbee method for figuring LQI, as the hub reports different stats.

[Plug DR Zig3, B196], LQI:98, age:4, inCost:7, outCost:7

2 Likes

LQI of 98 ain't all that great either. Incost and Outcost are atrocious on this device.

I don't think it is doing much...

Still laughing out loud about this...you nailed it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Centralites are relatively cheap, relatively small, and work very well. That's what I'd recommend now that the Iris are so hard to find.

1 Like