Zigbee 3.0 and C7 hub

Oh how strange I bought these and installed them the other day! :joy:

1 Like

Are they working OK?
Single or a double?
What driver are you using if working OK?

2 Likes

Double, Working fine, found it immediately and even automatically selected the ‘ Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch’

They are supposed to have locks built in but I imagine they will need a custom driver.

Really nice overall, finally a UK socket that looks the part. Would have been nice with energy monitoring but can’t have it all I suppose :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That's brilliant news. :+1:

I may get back in touch with the company and tell them they work OK with Hubitat. They may be able to sell a few more units if they say they work with HE.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

There are ones with energy monitoring but they are twice that price. The aurora double sockets have a built in drivers and have energy monitoring but cost a bomb.

3 Likes

Almost £60 a socket aren’t they :sob:

Yeah I brought one and think it was £57 :open_mouth: won't be buying any more unless I really need energy monitoring. (There also only ZigBee 1.2)

But I love click stuff I really rate it as a electrician, it very good quality and a great price. Everything else in my place is click deco mini grid stuff.

3 Likes

Just out of interest, do they act as a repeater?

who you asking?

Sorry. @AverageJoe90. Do the click+ sockets act as a repeater?

3 Likes

It would be great to find out what is required to use the 'lock' feature

Oh I don’t know! How would I find the routing table out?

Have a look here.

http://<your_hub_ip_address>/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Looks like a yes to me :+1:

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Shoe Rack, 3029] via [Lounge - Double Socket, 224F]

1 Like

Even better. Thanks for checking.

2 Likes

No worries :+1:

1 Like

I got it working now... I tried with six different Zigbee 3.0 devices and when trying to discover them with Hubitat C-7, none of them was detected. I spent about an hour on it before getting the spare Hubitat connected and all devices were discovered without a delay.

After a reboot, the "production" one was able to discover and add the devices as well.

So, bottom line, I take the comment regarding compatibility back... It had nothing to do with Zigbee 3.0 compatibility, but solely with a basic function that pretended to work, but did not.

1 Like

Mike,

The reason why I am interested in ZigBee 3.0 is being able to use the ZigBee kinetic powered light switches that do not use batteries.

I would love to implement these kinetic powered switches all over my house.

Not having to hardwire in and or replace batteries would make it an easier sell to get people onboard with the hubitat.

And from everything I've read in this message thread and everywhere else that this cannot be done via the older format that are requires zigbee 3.0 to do this.

This thread and this reply in particular may be of interest to you (Zigbee Green Power is what you are talking about, and it's not 3.0-specific--Hue has had them since ZLL days):

3 Likes