Zen32 Firmware update?

I know this is not a HE issue, (or is it)

I tried to update the firmware on some newish Zen32 Switches
the file i confirmed is ZEN32_V10R40.gbl

I get an error saying that its the wrong or not matching firmware

It is a 700 switch for sure.

any ideas?

Is the Z32 paired S2, or just with "None" security?

I think that standalone GBL should work fine, but I always use the ZIP version instead when I do my Zooz updates-- it yields a GBL file when you unzip. Perhaps it's just the very same GBL file. :man_shrugging:

If push comes to shove, you can always use these update steps instead -- I wrote them to accommodate S2-paired device updates since the built-in f/w updater can't handle S2. But these steps work just fine for devices paired with no security too.

I've updated lots of Zooz devices and a few Leviton devices using these steps, and these steps have never failed me.

i did the security, but now that I think of it, perhaps I should not have. Mostly cause I ignored security on all the other switches in the house.

I have 2 other ones that I have not yet installed, i will do it without S2 and see what happens, if it works, I'll just reset it and start over. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will try the Zip over the GBL.. I doubt it though cause I did DL the Zip and then unzipped it.. but it could be a think in the process right?

I will report back, thank you for the link!

so, just an update, i did the other switch without S2 security and was able to update it. I might try that other switch with the other method. im just kinda lazy.. :stuck_out_tongue: