[Solved] Zen30 - Parameter 22 get/set Broken

@agnes.zooz

It looks like the Zooz Zen30 has a bug when getting its Z-Wave Parameter 22. A configurationGet for that parameter reports on Parameter Number 1 instead of 22.

This is with Zen30 firmware 1.05
I've confirmed this both with the Hubitat Basic Z-Wave tool Super basic Z-Wave parameter tool, as well as a custom driver.

Agnes - is there an updated firmware for this device, or can you confirm this bug and see about having a fix provided?

I'm not sure if its broken for both Set and Get as I can't do the get.

Hi!

We're looking into the bug to see if we can replicate it on another platform for the 1.05. In the meantime, can you try version 1.07 to see if you get the same results?

https://www.getzooz.com/firmware/ZEN30-V1.07.otz (use with the community OTA tool on C5 or older)

https://www.getzooz.com/firmware/ZEN30-V1.07.zip (use with the built-in OTA SmartApp on C7)

Agnes

@agnes.zooz - I did the update as suggested, then factory reset the Zen30 (it didn't respond after the update), and got the same result - a configuration get of configuration parameter 22 reports the parameter #1 settings instead.

Also, after factory resetting, when I tried to re-include it, I did not get the option to include as S2. I don't really care about that, but others will.

PS - I used the Hubitat Basic Z-Wave Tool to confirm that the update did complete and the device is now on firmware 1.07.

This is a Hubitat C-7 Hub, with latest firmware 2.2.7.126.

Param 22 was removed in Firmware 1.05 and greater. I believe it is locked into the default. Not sure why they changed it but that's what I have in my comments on my driver.

Thanks. Good to know. It does seem then that a get of parameter 22 should the return nothing, rather than returning the parameter 1 value.

Not sure about other devices but all the Zooz devices do that when you do a get on an invalid parameter number no matter what number it is.

@jtp10181 - Thanks!

@agnes.zooz
I went back and checked the standards. Z-Wave standard SDS13781 section 4.30.3 says ...

So, with parameter 22 having been removed, the behavior of returning the first parameter is correct. Looks like this is now just a documentation issue.