Zen17 as a reporting switch? I

I have a very specific application i would like to use this relay for.. I’m a HVAC service tech and do some other things along those same lines.

I’m hoping to use this zen17 relay to just simply capture a thermostat wire signal (24v AC). When this happens i want it to report it to hub and use that as a event to perform another action.
Just in case someone may think of a even better alternative ill be specific. That thermostat signal goes to a 24vac damper motor, that motor opens several times a day. Ten minutes of that opening time i want the hub to power on my bath fans (zooz double switch zen30)

Thanks in advanced

The documentation for @reid.a.baldwin's HVAC Zoning App has diagrams showing how to do exactly what you're describing, but I think it requires a 24VAC relay... something like a Zooz ZAC98... connected to the Zen 16.

Direct link to PDF on github.

1 Like

The ZEN17 has the ability to separate the relays from the inputs so that the inputs appear as child devices in Hubitat. Further, the inputs accept not only contact closures, they also accept up to 24VAC (there are two sets of terminals for each input). The best thing for you to do is to drop them a note with your specific requirement and they will let you know if the ZEN17 will handle it. They are EXTREMELY responsive via to emailed customer support requests.

1 Like

I forgot that this was one of the features added to the ZEN17 vs. the 16. @SteveZed is right... request a diagram. But should be as easy as looping the damper signal through the appropriate inputs on the ZEN17.

1 Like

I have subsequently tested the ZEN17 and found that it works well for this purpose. I haven't updating the documentation for my HVAC software to reflect that yet. When the next version comes out, I will be showing how to set up the ZEN17 to do this. It is much more straight forward with the ZEN17 than with a combination of ZEN16 and ZAC98.

2 Likes