Zen 32 Scene Controller extremely slow to respond or non-responsive

I do not see the Z-Wave details anywhere in this post. Where did you post it?

What details would you like me to send?

Settings > Z-Wave Details

Preferably the entire page, use multiple screenshots if needed.
Otherwise at least just the entry for the ZEN32

Here you go. As I said, I have a ton of ghost nodes. Waiting for my new Z-Wave stick to remove them (I seem to have mislpaced my old one).

Can you post a similar ZW-details screenshot of device "6F"?

That's a range extender on the main floor, directly below the Zen32. It's probably no longer needed now that I've replaced all my Z-wave switches with Z-Wave plus, but it was being used to capture some nodes that were hard to reach.

That's screenshot of its Device listing, but I'm curious to see its ZW Details page entry (like the shot you posted 2 posts above). Since the Z32 is attempting to route thru 6F, I'm just curious how its health looks.

Right, sorry.

I guess it makes sense it's a mesh issue if it's working directly from Hubitat but not from the physical button. Is there any way to reroute the button? What if I remove 6F? I assume it would find another route for all nodes that use 6F to get to the hub?

6F looks good, so I don't think removing it is necessary. I have several dedicated repeaters like that in strategic places - they don't normally route anything, but they're ready to go if ever necessary.

Honestly, I'd hold off on this Z32 thing until you get the other ghosts out. Once that's done, give the mesh a day or so to do its settle-down thing, and see how the Z32 is doing then. If it's still wonky, then at least we'll know the mesh itself is in a good place.

How long since last reboot when those shots were taken?

Couple of things, node B5 has a lot of route changes, depending on hub uptime. My hub has been up for 6 days and my highest route changes is 22, which is high for me.

Node A3 (The ZEN32) has a low neighbor count compared to the other two devices, and the RSSI is missing (not sure why..). Is the device in a metal box or have some sort of other materials around it that could be blocking radio waves? I know it is not the antenna in the device because my ZEN32 is the 3rd highest neighbors in my entire mesh (44).

Actually no idea why so many route changes on B5. It's actually a standard Enbrighten dimmer switch positioned quite close to the hub. I've changed out a lot of switches the past few months, and swapped that switch out a few times (long story), so that's probably why. I'll reset the hub again and see what happens there.

Re the Zen32, it would be expected to have a low neighbour count, as it's in the master bathroom and doesn't have many (any) other devices which would want to use it as a neighbour. It's in a standard four-gang metal box.

That explains the terrible RSSI numbers. I didn’t even know they could be negative.

1 Like

These two things are likely the source of your issues. Do you have an outlet or repeater or something you could move to the bedroom temporarily, and see if that helps the numbers after a day or so to allow the mesh to settle down?

ALL the boxes are metal throughout the house. That's the way they build houses in Canada.

There is a Z-Wave Plus dimmer right beside it, in the same box, and it works perfectly every time.