Zebra shades with Tuya Zigbee roller shade driver

Hi guys,

I emailed Zemismart regarding the Tuya Zigbee Roller Shade Driver Smart Motor to see if it would work with Zebra shades and the HE hub and I was told the roller needed their hub and can't work with zebra shades which doesn't make sense zebra shades are chain shades. so I want to know who here is using zebra shades with the zemismart roller shades

Zemismart roller shades

Here's the Zebra Shade I would like to get to use with it.

Zemismart (Tuya) Zigbee Smart Roller Shade model zm85el-1z should be supported by this HE community driver:
https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-zemismart-zigbee-blind-driver/67525/233

It's strange that Zemismart answer is that the Zebra shades are not supported, the chain beans seem to match one of the adaptors that is usually included with Zemismart products.

I found it strange myself, but I figured maybe the person just doesn't know or said no in order to have me get their own hub but the zebra shades not being able to work with it, just doesn't make sense to me.

They come with different adapters. (You saw my video on fb) It will work fine with zebra shades

1 Like

Hello all. I'm looking to motorize dining room shades. This appears to be zigbee and hopefully works well and directly with Hubitat. What do you think?
found on amazon, "Blindsmart Rechargeable Tuya Zigbee Roller Blinds Motor for 38mm Tube, Motorized Window Shades Automatic Blinds Curtain Opener APP Control, Zigbee Hub Required(with 1-Channel Remote + Solar Pannel)"

Did you ever get this and test? Iā€™m looking at the same myself

Greetings benmoore.
This is what I finally went with;
"Yoolax Motorized Blind Shade for Window with Remote Control Smart Blind Shade Compatible with Alexa Motorized Roller Shade Blackout Battery Solar powered blind"
I ordered through Amazon and it has been perfect. Installed Aug '22 and has never failed. Solar panel keeps this charged, integrated directly with Hubitat (Zigbee). Responds to daily scheduled program and on demand via Alexa voice controls.
Mine is 98" wide and the motor "could" be a bit loud. If the house is quiet, sometimes it catches the ear when operating. If we're talking or watching TV, we don't hear it at all.
I have had no issues or concerns and would order another if I needed more window coverings.