Z-wave Settings?

I have started to explore in the "settings" feature of HE.
I'm interested mostly in the Z-wave settings.

Under z-wave details, I only show two out of about 10 Z-wave devices.
Are these devices that are in my "Z-wave network" and the devices, not shown, not in my network?

If not, what are these setting for? (basically)

All my devices, including the Z-wave devices do show in "devices"
Not in Setting Z-wave details though.

Only your z-wave devices will show in the z-wave settings page. Are you saying you have z-wave devices paired to HE that do not show up in the z-wave settings page?

Are you sure that all 10 of those devices are Z-Wave? (They could be ZigBee or LAN devices if you don't know. Only Z-Wave devices will show here, which last time I checked did show all of them.)

In general, the Z-Wave Settings page is not one you'll need to explore very often. If you just added new Z-Wave devices (or moved one a significant distance), you may want to do a "Repair." See more here: How to Build Your Z-Wave Mesh

Otherwise, there's really only a reason to go there for special circumstances--e.g., to put the hub in "general Z-Wave exclusion mode" to help exclude a device paired to another hub that wasn't properly removed and you want to use with Hubitat (Hubitat-paired devices can be removed from the device page itself), the above repair feature, or if you want to do something unusual like disable the Z-Wave radio for some reason (I did on my "test hub" because I don't use it). Official documentation is sparse but located here: Z-Wave Details - Hubitat Documentation

This isn't something I'd mess around with unless you have a reason to, however. Even a "repair," as nice as that sounds, is something I'd only do if you need to.

1 Like

Yes, they are all (the 10) z-wave devices.
The only ones that show are a Zooz ZSE18 in my bath and a Aeon Multisensor 6 in the bed.

Besides that I have 3 Aeon 6 repeaters
1 Leviton plug
A couple more Zooz motion sensors etc….I'm positive they are all Z-wave. I know the difference between ZigBee and Z-wave

maybe I should reset the stick and re-add everything although, I am trying to avoid that.

Thanks

Yes. They show up in devices but not in settings/ Z-wave details.

And you are 100% sure these are Z-wave devices and not Zigbee or Lan? What devices specifically are we talking about?

I would recommend contacting support then, because that is very messed up.

Yes, they are all (the 10) z-wave devices.
The only ones that show are a Zooz ZSE18 in my bath and a Aeon Multisensor 6 in the bed.

Besides that I have 3 Aeon 6 repeaters
1 Leviton plug
A couple more Zooz motion sensors etc….I'm positive they are all Z-wave. I know the difference between ZigBee and Z-wave

maybe I should reset the stick and re-add everything although, I am trying to avoid that.

Thanks

I would contact support.

"by BobbyD via bertabcd1234
"Z-Wave devices build this communication mesh automatically, but it is not instantaneous. You MUST give your Z-Wave mesh time to establish itself BEFORE automating your Z-Wave devices. Automating devices too quickly can lead to dropped device and other issues down the road."

Guilty!!

If you only have ten devices, that still seems odd--that article suggests you can do up to 20 before having to worry about pacing yourself very much (as long as you only add one at a time--I'd go out of and back into the "Discover Devices" page each time). If you feel like excluding and re-adding your devices more slowly, it probably can't hurt, but you may wish to reach out to Support, which I certainly would if you try that and it doesn't help.

Good luck!

Thanks everybody!

The answer for me seems to be excluding and adding the devices again. I will give it a day to get these devices established in a mesh before I add an automaton app to it.

I was adding as I go then one day (I guess) the mesh fell apart and my devices either got disconnected from the mesh or became disconnected from the HE. Who knows. Makes sense to me. LOL

You could try disabling zwave on the zwave settings page then re-enabling it to see if it brings those devices back. Another option is to try rebooting the hub without the stick inserted, then again with it inserted.

Thanks I'll give that a shot.